FXcuisine.com
Joined 7158 days ago

3094 posts - 2987 votes 
12 sounds
Speaks: French*, EnglishC2, German, Italian, Spanish, Russian
Personal Language Map

Message 81 of 377
16 December 2005 at 3:36am | IP Logged 
I will ask Mr Fazah to kindly prepare a summary of what languages he speaks, what level he has reached in these languages and what material he used to learn them. Then if he agrees and if we find a way to do so, we could test each language to see if the claim holds.
1 person has voted this message useful

patuco
Diglot
Gibraltar
Joined 6797 days ago

3795 posts - 4268 votes 
Speaks: Spanish, English*
Personal Language Map

Message 82 of 377
16 December 2005 at 4:30am | IP Logged 
Dave M wrote:
My method for Patuca is different for every language depending on the grammar structure and the alphabet.

Thanks for the reply.

I cannot think of any reason why Dave M should want to lie or deceive us, but this is obviously my own opinion. In any case, while we wait for Mr Fazah to reply to the administrator's message, I think that we should remember that if Mr Fazah wants to claim that he's fluent in 58, or even 158, languages, that's his business. As far as I can tell, the guy's not bothering anyone.

P.S. It's patuco, otherwise it'd be feminine!

Edited by patuco on 16 December 2005 at 4:32am

Dave M
Groupie
United States
bfmfightwear.com
Joined 6708 days ago

56 posts - 63 votes 

Message 83 of 377
16 December 2005 at 8:16am | IP Logged 
Patuco, sorry, I type badly. Is that Turkish? Mer habah?

I agree, contact Ziad, or better yet let me see if I can dig up that tape on O Fantastico.

But some of the posts, and you know who you are........Youmake me very sad. Here is my contact info if anyone needs it.

Dave
dmaswary@hotmail.com

patuco
Diglot
Gibraltar
Joined 6797 days ago

3795 posts - 4268 votes 
Speaks: Spanish, English*
Personal Language Map

Message 84 of 377
16 December 2005 at 8:23am | IP Logged 
Dave M wrote:
Patuco, sorry, I type badly. Is that Turkish? Mer habah?

No problem. I have no idea whether it's Turkish or not, since I don't speak the language.

administrator
Hexaglot
Forum Admin
Switzerland
FXcuisine.com
Joined 7158 days ago

3094 posts - 2987 votes 
12 sounds
Personal Language Map

Message 85 of 377
16 December 2005 at 9:46am | IP Logged 
Gentlemen, please do not post 'chatty' messages. Keep the discussion focussed on the topic at hand and use Private Messages for private or light discussions. I already had to delete two messages. We try to keep this board as clutter-free as possible and that is not so common on the Internet. Please help us.

Thanks

administrator
Hexaglot
Forum Admin
Switzerland
FXcuisine.com
Joined 7158 days ago

3094 posts - 2987 votes 
12 sounds
Personal Language Map

Message 86 of 377
16 December 2005 at 10:25am | IP Logged 
Gentlemen, please do not post 'chatty' messages. Keep the discussion focussed on the topic at hand and use Private Messages for private or light discussions. I already had to delete two messages. We try to keep this board as clutter-free as possible and that is not so common on the Internet. Please help us.

Thanks

Latin
Chile
Joined 6781 days ago

6 posts - 7 votes

Message 87 of 377
16 December 2005 at 10:27am | IP Logged 
I'd like to see this man tested by a scientific method that once and for all tell us what is his level of fluency in those languages, not showing him on ridiculous Tv shows that finally don't give answers.
I don't like the word impossible for human beings, but according to all I've read and seen about this issue, this man is claiming to have a knowledge that he hasn't. So far his is not more than a myth.
Why the linguistics not put an eye on something so extraordinary?

Farley
Triglot
United States
Joined 6874 days ago

681 posts - 739 votes 
1 sounds
Speaks: English*, GermanB1, French
Studies: Spanish

Message 88 of 377
16 December 2005 at 12:23pm | IP Logged 
Dave M wrote:
How many artists and poets have been lost to obscurity in the long unforgiving tides of history.

Well put!

Thanks for you passionate defense of Ziad Fazah, your posts have been extremely informative. Just for the record, I take you at your word. The fact that Mr Fazah is so low key, and not out pursuing fame and fortune, makes if all the more believable that he speaks 58 languages. The real “BS artists” are peddling their wares and rigging ratings on Amazon.com.

This discussion contains 377 messages over 48 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version