Groupie
United States
Joined 5605 days ago

95 posts - 131 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: German, Mandarin

Message 1 of 4
10 August 2011 at 10:02pm | IP Logged 
For the longest while, Living Language had a new French course called "Living Language French - Complete Edition" and I've been waiting and hoping for a German edition.

I happened to check again today and it turns out that they released Spanish, German and Italian. Amazon shows it as being published just yesterday. Here are the Amazon links:

Living Language German - Complete Edition
Living Language Spanish - Complete Edition
Living Language Italian - Complete Edition

I've ordered the German one and it should arrive on Fri

Derek

2 persons have voted this message useful

LatinoBoy84
Bilingual Triglot
United States
Joined 5362 days ago

443 posts - 603 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish*, French
Studies: Russian, Portuguese, Latvian

Message 2 of 4
11 August 2011 at 4:10am | IP Logged 
Please let us know your thoughts on their new course. If possible please give us a rough
estimate of the number of words covered in the course. Thank you and good luck with your
studies!

krotox
Diglot
Poland
Joined 4840 days ago

14 posts - 28 votes
Speaks: Polish*, EnglishC2
Studies: Spanish

Message 3 of 4
12 August 2011 at 1:40am | IP Logged 
According to Theodore D. Sternberg: if the French version is any indication, then beware.

delta910
Diglot
United States
Joined 5662 days ago

267 posts - 313 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish
Studies: Dutch, German

Message 4 of 4
13 August 2011 at 6:24pm | IP Logged 
What Living Language needs to do is stop making so many other series all the time. They can't just make one series
that is very in-depth that has great text and audio and then do many languages for that type of course. By this I
mean an equivalent to Assimil's type of series.

In the past Living Language had great courses like the Ultimate courses or the Spoken World. Sadly these are
basically, in my view, the only good courses to have been made. I'm only talking about the newer versions with
audio and not the old versions.

They keep making new courses that are dumbed down and only for a few languages. Those sell for a while and then
they do another course with the same languages it seems like. What they should have done was expand on their
Ultimate Series and Spoken World series.

6 persons have voted this message useful

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version