Triglot
United States
Joined 4657 days ago

1 posts - 1 votes
Speaks: English*, GermanC1, French
Studies: Mandarin

Message 1 of 1
19 August 2011 at 6:33pm | IP Logged 
I am learning Mandarin. So far I've been using Pimsleur for the spoken language. I've been teaching myself
characters. So far I am up to 200, but I want to go further. I am thinking of finding a tutor to continue learning the
spoken language, but I'd like print learning materials, preferably a workbook with exercises, to support my learning
of characters. I have Pleco installed on my iPhone, which has an excellent dictionary and set of digital flashcards.
What I want is a workbook that prompts me to use the characters in context and that supports my development of
reading and writing vocabulary. I've been writing exercises for myself, but I'd rather devote my scarce time just to
working through exercises. What are the options, and which would you recommend? Thanks!

1 person has voted this message useful

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version