United States
Joined 4814 days ago

14 posts - 17 votes
Speaks: French*, English
Studies: Swahili

Message 1 of 36
30 August 2011 at 3:23pm | IP Logged 
This is not a copy of Janalisa's thread

In this thread, i'd like Japanese learning people to focus more on the fluency of their speech (the grammar) than their writing when discussing with one another. That's why i want posts in this thread to be wholly written in latin letters (roumaji). What do you all think of the idea?

I thought it could be an efficient way to have beginners such as myself work on their Japanese without spending ages unriddling the message of the post because of them having to look up all the unknown Kanjis they may encounter.
Writing in hiragana/katakana could also have been an alternative, but since there are no spaces between words written in Japanese script, the risks of confusion would've been too high i think.

So, why did you decide to start learning Japanese?

Ps: don't be afraid of making mistakes! (I've probably made tons in my translation attempt and that's okay... I tried ^^' ) And please, correct each other if you find mistakes. That's the only way we'll ever learn.

Edited by Makedha on 30 August 2011 at 8:32pm

2 persons have voted this message useful

Makedha
Diglot
United States
Joined 4814 days ago

14 posts - 17 votes

Message 2 of 36
30 August 2011 at 3:25pm | IP Logged 
Attempt to translate in Japanese:

Kore wa Janalisa no thread (?) no touan dewanai.

Koko ni, hoka hito to hanashiau de, Nihongo wo benkyou shimasu hito wa enzetsu no ryuudousei wo kaizen shimasu no wo shuuchuu shite hoshii. Sono tameni, zenbu nyuuyoku roumaji de kakasetai. Minna wa, dou to omou? rinen no tsuite.

Watashi mitai nyuumonsha wa nyuuyoku wo yomukoto kanji node mou ippai jikan kakenai no tameni, kore wa koukateki na yarikata desu to omoimashita.
Hiragana ka katakana de kakeba no mo daitai dekita ga, nihongo no script (?) wa kotoba no aida uchuukuukan ga arimasen kara, dokusha wa kyouwashukanenai to omoimasu.

Minna wa, doushite nihongo wo naratai ka?

PS: Chigaukoto wo habakanakute kudasai! Moshi chigai mitenara, tadashite kudasai.

(You're allowed to translate your Japanese posts in English in case you're scared your Japanese isn't good enough yet for you to be fully understood, like i kind of am! ^.^')

Edited by Makedha on 30 August 2011 at 3:34pm

1 person has voted this message useful

Arekkusu
Hexaglot
Canada
bit.ly/qc_10_lec
Joined 5141 days ago

3971 posts - 7747 votes 
Speaks: English, French*, GermanC1, Spanish, Japanese, Esperanto
Studies: Italian, Norwegian, Mandarin, Romanian, Estonian

Message 3 of 36
30 August 2011 at 4:02pm | IP Logged 
Ano..."hanashou" jyanakute, "hanasou" nan desu kedo...

Makedha
Diglot
United States
Joined 4814 days ago

14 posts - 17 votes

Message 4 of 36
30 August 2011 at 8:52pm | IP Logged 
Arekkusu wrote:
Ano..."hanashou" jyanakute, "hanasou" nan desu kedo...

Oh, arigatou gozaimasu! :p
"hanashimasu" no gokan wa "hanashi-" desu to omoimashita. Machigatta no yo...

Mark1003
Diglot
Ireland
Joined 4625 days ago

20 posts - 21 votes
Speaks: English*, French
Studies: Japanese

Message 5 of 36
03 September 2011 at 7:04pm | IP Logged 
(I find it hard to read romaji, but this is definetely a good idea for a thread)

Remster
Diglot
Netherlands
Joined 4565 days ago

120 posts - 134 votes 
Speaks: Dutch*, English
Studies: German, French

Message 6 of 36
07 October 2011 at 11:55am | IP Logged 
Omoshiroi, boku no tomodachi wa nihonjin desu.
Demo, nihongo wa totemo musukashi desu.

Ima kara, boku wa obenkyou de Doitsu to Furansu, shikashi, nihongoo wa suki desu!
Tabun wa, ato Doitsu to Furansu, boku wa Nihongo obenkyoushimasu.

If this is completely unreadable, I'll give an English translation.
Maybe I should learn some Japanese and put in in the study list, but first I have to learn German and French. Atleast to a higher level than it is now.

How was my ''Japanese''? Probably horrible. :P

Hiiro Yui
Diglot
United States
Joined 4477 days ago

111 posts - 126 votes 
Speaks: English*, Japanese

Message 7 of 36
01 July 2012 at 8:48am | IP Logged 
ima demo oboete iru. boku ga hajimete nihongo ga daisuki da to omotta toki. amerika no ongaku yori anime songu ga suki da to kizuita. sono songu no kashi wo www.animelyrics.com de tsugitsugi to oboeyou to shite ita. sono webupeeji de subete no kashi wa roomaji to eigo de kakarete ita. roomaji to eigo wo kuraberu koto de nihongo no goi wo fuyasu koto ga dekita. shiawase datta. kana to kanji ni kyoumi wa nakatta.

demo soko no keijiban ni itta toki, sugoi shokku wo uketa. minna ga kanji wo tsukatte nihongo de kaite ita. touji, boku no goi wa ookikatta to omotta no ni, sono messeeji wa zenzen yomenakatta. doushite roomaji de kaite kurenai ka to omotte, totemo sabishii omoi wo shita. konna ni benkyou shite kita no ni, nan no yaku ni tatanai to.

sono koro, kizuita. roomaji wo kirau hitobito ni. konna hito wa roomaji wo miru to kanarazu monku wo iu. yomizurai to ka, shurui ga oosugiru to ka. konna hito no okage de, roomaji no shiryou wa kiete itte shimau. ima kangaereba, boku wa un ga yokatta. roomaji wo tsukau webusaito wa mada nokotte ita. demo ima wa chigau. boku to issho ni hataraku tomodachi ni yoku nihongo wo manabu no wo susumete iru. karera ga "demo yomu no wa muzukashii ne" to iu toki wa, "ki ni shinaide. ima manabanakute mo ii yo" to kotaeta. shikashi, netto no shiryou wo shoukai shiyou to shita toki, roomaji no nasa ni butsukatta.

datsuroomajiha wa shoshinsha ni, "roomaji wo tsukatte wa ikenai. dekiru dake hayaku kana to kanji wo manabe. manabitakunakute mo manabe." to iu you ni natta. riyuu wo kiku to, "kana to kanji wo yomu no wa roomaji wo yomu hou yori yasashii kara" to ka, "roomaji no shiryou ga hotondo nai kara" to ka, kudaranai kotae shika denai.

shoshinsha wa kiku nouryoku to hanasu nouryoku wo yuusen shite iru to shitara, kana to kanji wo manabu hitsuyou wa nai darou. boku no iken wa gakushuusha ga manabitai sentakushi wo herasu you na koudou wa akutoku da. zettai yatte wa ikenai koudou da to omou. dakara, gakushuusha ga roomaji de shika manabitakunai to itte iru aida, sono shiryou wo yomasete kure. roomaji de kakasete kure.

roomaji ga suki na hito wa koe wo agenakereba, kono mama roomaji no shiryou wa kiete itte shimau darou. datsuroomajiha to tatakau hi wa kita ze.

zerrubabbel
United States
Joined 4360 days ago

232 posts - 287 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Japanese, Mandarin

Message 8 of 36
02 July 2012 at 7:26pm | IP Logged 
Mark1003 wrote:
(I find it hard to read romaji, but this is definetely a good idea for
a thread)
boku mo... romaji ha eigo sugiru.

Me too... romaji looks too English and I actually find it easier to read japanese the way
its supposed to be written, despite only knowing a very limited number of kanji

@remster, to distinguish learning a country from learning its language, change doitsu to
doitsugo and furansu to furansugo... other than that, I totally got what you were trying
to say... keep at it

This discussion contains 36 messages over 5 pages: 2 3 4 5  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version