Language Learning Forum : Languages & Work Post Reply
MorlockMercutio
United States
Joined 4599 days ago

1 posts - 1 votes

Message 1 of 4
30 September 2011 at 8:15pm | IP Logged 
Hello! :)

I'm considering a career with languages. The problem of having a wide variety of interests, is that it makes it that much more difficult to pick one to pursue professionally, and others recreationally.The way you choose is to figure out which subject / interest will earn you enough money so that you can continue to pursue your other interests.

My question is, What can kind of prospects can a person expect in entering this field? Which job (whether it's interpreting or teaching post-secondary) would be the most lucrative?

I look forward to hearing your replies! :)

Thanks! :)

P.S. I don't value money for the material goods that can be accrued, and I don't give a hootenanny about a big house or a shiny car -- to me, money means freedom.

Thanks again all y'all!
1 person has voted this message useful

MarcusOdim
Groupie
Brazil
Joined 4642 days ago

91 posts - 142 votes 

Message 2 of 4
30 September 2011 at 9:32pm | IP Logged 
Movie dubber in Russia, they seriously need some :P:P:P I've found some RECENTLY released
movies that ONE guy dubs all men and ONE woman dubs all women hahahahaha, just epic

Edited by MarcusOdim on 30 September 2011 at 9:32pm

July
Diglot
Spain
Joined 5068 days ago

113 posts - 208 votes 
Speaks: English*, SpanishB2
Studies: French

Message 3 of 4
30 September 2011 at 11:27pm | IP Logged 
Is that normal in Russia, or was it just a low budget production? I remember being
shocked when a Polish girl first told me that the TV dubbing there is just one guy
explaining what everyone's saying (and having seen and heard it in action, to me it's
still pretty strange) but she said she preferred it that way.

I guess it's just what you're used to.

Edited by July on 30 September 2011 at 11:28pm

Kartof
Bilingual Triglot
United States
Joined 4861 days ago

391 posts - 550 votes 
Speaks: English*, Bulgarian*, Spanish
Studies: Danish

Message 4 of 4
01 October 2011 at 8:21pm | IP Logged 
Yea, in Bulgaria too, there's usually a small group of dubbers who dub all of the films, soap operas, tv shows, etc.
for each network. You usually hear the same voices over and over again.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version