Pentaglot
United States
Joined 5722 days ago

17 posts - 17 votes
Speaks: English*, German, Spanish, French, Mandarin
Studies: Russian

Message 1 of 1
04 October 2011 at 3:59am | IP Logged 
Hello, my name is Matthew and I am compelled to go to graduate school next year. I want to do something with several languages, but I cannot decide what to do. I am in the fourth year of my B.A. I will have a major in German Language, a minor in Russian Studies, and a minor in Comparative literature.
Here are my languages.
4 years of German
3 years of French
3 years of Russian
3 years of Spanish
2 years of Mandarin
I enjoy the humanities: Folklore, mythology, literature, history. I do not want to work in a business where I am interpreting for others. I am truly keen on the ideo of a phD program in Slavic Languages and Literatures, where a knowledge of French and German is often necessary for research purposes. My favorite language on the list is Russian.
The importance is to be able to find a job soon after graduation, in which I can make enough money to not struggle through life. So marketability is important. Does anyone have suggestions, as well as links?

1 person has voted this message useful

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version