Singapore
Joined 6160 days ago

1598 posts - 2174 votes 
Speaks: English*, Italian
Studies: Mandarin, Malay
Personal Language Map

Message 9 of 42
22 October 2011 at 3:40am | IP Logged 
Thanks, I was able to download it from your link.
1 person has voted this message useful

mrwarper
Diglot
Winner TAC 2012
Spain
forum_posts.asp?TID=Registered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5007 days ago

1493 posts - 2500 votes 
Speaks: Spanish*, EnglishC2
Studies: German, Russian, Japanese

Message 10 of 42
23 October 2011 at 3:47am | IP Logged 
I'm not interested in Greek right now, and I think my English and Spanish are up to par. However, I'd be interested in hearing comments on the courses themselves (layout, quality of materials, etc.) themselves; it might be worth helping them out, but there's little real info on the website besides the links to the downloads.

2 persons have voted this message useful

Crush
Tetraglot
ChinaRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5646 days ago

1622 posts - 2299 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish, Mandarin, Esperanto
Studies: Basque

Message 11 of 42
23 October 2011 at 2:53pm | IP Logged 
I commented here on the first Greek course, my impressions, what I learned, etc. I spoke to the creator and he said there was a five-minute section in the beginning of the course that was accidentally cut out (explaining why the verb "to be" wasn't covered) and should be added in. The course seems very well prepared, my only trouble was remembering some of the words but as the course went on they started sticking and the words that are still hard for me to remember will surely be reviewed in the successive courses. To do it outside amidst the noises of the city might be a little difficult as the recordings are a little quiet, but that's to be expected.

What sort of info are you looking for?

schoenewaelder
Diglot
Germany
Joined 5341 days ago

759 posts - 1197 votes 
Speaks: English*, French
Studies: German, Spanish, Dutch

Message 12 of 42
23 October 2011 at 2:53pm | IP Logged 
The greek course is very reminescent of MT, in fact almost a copy, there is even a student (only one, maybe that gets round the copyright). The introductory blurb is about relaxing, not memorising, and the responsibility being with the teacher (much more similar than the Paul Noble courses).

I think these sort of course rely on a nice teacher, and a positive atmosphere, and I found it pretty enjoyable and effective. I've even learnt "(ego) thelo ena poto" and that was from a few days ago (I have forgotten a few other bits though).

Thanks for the link, and thanks to the creator.

edit: I only listened to the intro and first teaching track.

Edited by schoenewaelder on 23 October 2011 at 3:06pm

jazzboy.bebop
Norway
norwegianthroughnove
Joined 5199 days ago

439 posts - 800 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Norwegian

Message 13 of 42
23 October 2011 at 3:33pm | IP Logged 
Crush wrote:
I commented here on the first Greek course, my impressions, what I learned, etc. I spoke to the creator and he said there was a five-minute section in the beginning of the course that was accidentally cut out (explaining why the verb "to be" wasn't covered) and should be added in. The course seems very well prepared, my only trouble was remembering some of the words but as the course went on they started sticking and the words that are still hard for me to remember will surely be reviewed in the successive courses. To do it outside amidst the noises of the city might be a little difficult as the recordings are a little quiet, but that's to be expected.

I had a listen to the first five minutes of teaching or so, it is a bit too quiet for my liking, they really need to read a bit about sound recording. It is very simple to make a recording with the same kind of volume of a commercial product.

Crush
Tetraglot
ChinaRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5646 days ago

1622 posts - 2299 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish, Mandarin, Esperanto
Studies: Basque

Message 14 of 42
23 October 2011 at 4:28pm | IP Logged 
They currently are fundraising to buy new recording equipment as everything produced so far comes out of their pocket and on their own time. It appears that they realize the recording isn't the best, and are looking to get better equipment. If you've got a nice quiet place indoors or go to a park it's fine. It's mostly walking through town, especially by busy roads, where the volume (for me) is an issue. Still, a better recording would definitely be nice.

Elexi
United Kingdom
Joined 5346 days ago

938 posts - 1839 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: French, German, Latin

Message 15 of 42
23 October 2011 at 4:45pm | IP Logged 
I spent a good 10 minutes with the Greek course and like it very much. I like the MT Greek as well and the enthusiasm of the tutor reminded me very much of that. 5 stars and a thumbs up.

Now, a latin course in this style would be very welcome...

mrwarper
Diglot
Winner TAC 2012
Spain
forum_posts.asp?TID=Registered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5007 days ago

1493 posts - 2500 votes 
Speaks: Spanish*, EnglishC2
Studies: German, Russian, Japanese

Message 16 of 42
23 October 2011 at 4:58pm | IP Logged 
Crush wrote:
I commented here on the first Greek course, my impressions, what I learned, etc. ...

Sorry, just that, more or less. I didn't read it the first time, and I had forgotten it was there when I came back to this thread.

This discussion contains 42 messages over 6 pages: << Prev 13 4 5 6  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version