SwedenRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 6705 days ago

4250 posts - 5710 votes 
Speaks: Swedish*, English
Studies: German, Spanish, Russian, Dutch, Mandarin, Esperanto, Irish, French
Personal Language Map

Message 9 of 35
30 October 2011 at 11:51am | IP Logged 
Well, a another member registered under the name ziadfazah a couple of days ago, and posting usually draws more attention than being silent.

Same guy or not, I don't know.
1 person has voted this message useful

ziadfazah
Bilingual Super Polyglot
Brazil
Joined 4572 days ago

8 posts - 8 votes
Speaks: FrenchA2*, Arabic (Levantine)*, Papiamento, Malagasy, Amharic, Burmese, Tajik, Kyrgyz, English, German, Italian, Spanish, Russian, Dutch, Swedish, Danish, Portuguese, Norwegian, Turkish, Mandarin, Cantonese, Japanese, Korean, Finnish, Thai, Romanian, Czech, Polish, Bulgarian, Serbian, Icelandic, Hindi, Greek, Indonesian, Persian, Bengali, Hungarian, Armenian, Mongolian, Laotian, Khmer, Pashto, Tibetan, Albanian, Azerbaijani, Malay, Nepali, Sinhalese, Swahili, Uzbek

Message 10 of 35
01 November 2011 at 8:44pm | IP Logged 
simonov wrote:
Why this "big welcome" to someone who has been a member for 6 years already?
He appears to have become a little more modest since then, down from 59 languages mastered to a misly 50 at native fluency now. Including native French at A2 level*.
And here, for who wants to compare, his first profile:
Quote:
Username:     ziadyfazah
Languages:     English,Chinese,Viet namese, Japanese, Arabic, Persian, and so forth.
Group:     Newbie
Account:     Active
Interests:     I do master 59 foreign languages

As far as I know, A2 means advanced beginner. And his 'Certificat d'Etudes de Français Pratique' seems to corroborate that fact as it "tests the language skills needed to interact in social and work situations in a French-speaking environment." CEFP1 is the first, most basic level.
Desculpa, mas 50 e o limite. Eu nao posso adicionar mais de 9 linguas aqui.

a3
Triglot
Bulgaria
Joined 5052 days ago

273 posts - 370 votes 
Speaks: Bulgarian*, English, Russian
Studies: Portuguese, German, Italian, Spanish, Norwegian, Finnish

Message 11 of 35
01 November 2011 at 9:01pm | IP Logged 
ziadfazah wrote:
Rydvan wrote:
It can be him, or not, but there is still not a proof of him being able to speak, read, listen and write as a native in each one of languages on the list.
I speak English, hablo el espanol, ik spreek Nederlands, ich spreche Deutsch a mluvím cesky. Otestujte me.
What's the exact difference between щял съм бил да работя and щях да съм бил работил?

Solfrid Cristin
Heptaglot
Winner TAC 2011 & 2012
Norway
Joined 5130 days ago

4143 posts - 8864 votes 
Speaks: Norwegian*, Spanish, Swedish, French, English, German, Italian
Studies: Russian

Message 12 of 35
01 November 2011 at 9:30pm | IP Logged 
Happy to see you here mr. Fazah. I look forward to seeing you participate in the threads here.

You have stated earlier that you need some time to prepare in those languages which you use less often. May I ask you which languages you are so comfortable in that you do not need any preparation time? Most of us here do only a few languages, and still struggle to keep them up. I would be interested to know how many languages it is possible to have at your fingertips, so to speak.
2 persons have voted this message useful

ziadfazah
Bilingual Super Polyglot
Brazil
Joined 4572 days ago

8 posts - 8 votes
Speaks: FrenchA2*, Arabic (Levantine)*, Papiamento, Malagasy, Amharic, Burmese, Tajik, Kyrgyz, English, German, Italian, Spanish, Russian, Dutch, Swedish, Danish, Portuguese, Norwegian, Turkish, Mandarin, Cantonese, Japanese, Korean, Finnish, Thai, Romanian, Czech, Polish, Bulgarian, Serbian, Icelandic, Hindi, Greek, Indonesian, Persian, Bengali, Hungarian, Armenian, Mongolian, Laotian, Khmer, Pashto, Tibetan, Albanian, Azerbaijani, Malay, Nepali, Sinhalese, Swahili, Uzbek

Message 13 of 35
01 November 2011 at 9:42pm | IP Logged 
a3 wrote:
ziadfazah wrote:
Rydvan wrote:
It can be him, or not, but there is still not a proof of him being able to speak, read, listen and write as a native in each one of languages on the list.
I speak English, hablo el espanol, ik spreek Nederlands, ich spreche Deutsch a mluvím cesky. Otestujte me.
What's the exact difference between щял съм бил да работя and щях да съм бил работил?
Different tenses?

ziadfazah
Bilingual Super Polyglot
Brazil
Joined 4572 days ago

8 posts - 8 votes

Message 14 of 35
01 November 2011 at 9:44pm | IP Logged 
Solfrid Cristin wrote:
Happy to see you here mr. Fazah. I look forward to seeing you participate in the threads here.

You have stated earlier that you need some time to prepare in those languages which you use less often. May I ask you which languages you are so comfortable in that you do not need any preparation time? Most of us here do only a few languages, and still struggle to keep them up. I would be interested to know how many languages it is possible to have at your fingertips, so to speak.
Hello and thanks for the warm welcome. The languages I feel the most comfortable in are the ones I'm using the most. So it's English, French, Portuguese and Arabic to lesser extent.

ziadfazah
Bilingual Super Polyglot
Brazil
Joined 4572 days ago

8 posts - 8 votes

Message 15 of 35
01 November 2011 at 10:10pm | IP Logged 
a3 wrote:
ziadfazah wrote:
Rydvan wrote:
Много съжлявам, не разбирам вам добре. Жалко. Аз съм спамър.You can report me.

Solfrid Cristin
Heptaglot
Winner TAC 2011 & 2012
Norway
Joined 5130 days ago

4143 posts - 8864 votes 
Speaks: Norwegian*, Spanish, Swedish, French, English, German, Italian
Studies: Russian

Message 16 of 35
01 November 2011 at 10:28pm | IP Logged 
ziadfazah wrote:
Solfrid Cristin wrote:
Happy to see you here mr. Fazah. I look forward to seeing
you participate in the threads here.

You have stated earlier that you need some time to prepare in those languages which you use less often.
May I ask you which languages you are so comfortable in that you do not need any preparation time? Most
of us here do only a few languages, and still struggle to keep them up. I would be interested to know how
many languages it is possible to have at your fingertips, so to speak.
Hello and thanks for the
warm welcome. The languages I feel the most comfortable in are the ones I'm using the most. So it's 
English, French, Portuguese and Arabic to lesser extent.

I am relieved to hear that, I would have felt slightly depressed if you had listed 30 languages. :-) 4
languages are tough enough to keep up. I am just a bit curious as to why you say "Arabic to lesser extent".
Since I assume Arabic is your native language, I would have thought it would be the easiest to keep up. But
you have perhaps little occasion to practice it in Brazil?

This discussion contains 35 messages over 5 pages: << Prev 13 4 5  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version