Joined 5752 days ago

1341 posts - 2303 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish
Studies: German, Italian, French
Personal Language Map

Message 137 of 361
11 December 2011 at 9:13pm | IP Logged 
Quote:
So shall we do it then Meramarina and Amerykanka? Are there any more interested people out there who would like to form a Polish team?

Yes this sounds good - Vos, Amerykanka and me so far, and of course others are very welcome - maybe Chung could come by from time to time as a Senior Slavic Language Advisor, sigh, and say "you guys are doing this alllll wrooooong!" Just kidding!

1 person has voted this message useful

Solfrid Cristin
Heptaglot
Winner TAC 2011 & 2012
Norway
Joined 5119 days ago

4143 posts - 8864 votes 
Speaks: Norwegian*, Spanish, Swedish, French, English, German, Italian
Studies: Russian

Message 138 of 361
11 December 2011 at 9:46pm | IP Logged 
It looks like a Russian team is coming together! Tecktight, Teango, (and may I hope also Aloysius?) and myself will do our best to master Russian, and some of us will also go for German and some Romance and other languages on the side. If there are more who would like to join us there is still room!

aloysius
Triglot
Winner TAC 2010 & 2012
SwedenRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 6025 days ago

226 posts - 291 votes 
Speaks: Swedish*, English, German
Studies: French, Greek, Italian, Russian

Message 139 of 361
11 December 2011 at 10:22pm | IP Logged 
Yes, that sounds like a great team and I'm very much looking forward to improving my
Russian in your company. This is certainly a long-term project but hopefully we will
cover a lot of distance together in 2012!

/aloysius

PacoBell
United States
Joined 4788 days ago

7 posts - 7 votes
Speaks: English*
Studies: German, Spanish

Message 140 of 361
12 December 2011 at 12:40am | IP Logged 
[De-lurking]

I'm travelling to Germany and Spain later this year, so I'm committed to digging into
those two.

I haven't seen a team that seems to fit both of those, anyone else on a similar program?

I have no problem going independent though.

Vos
Diglot
Australia
Joined 5351 days ago

766 posts - 1020 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish
Studies: Dutch, Polish

Message 141 of 361
12 December 2011 at 1:04am | IP Logged 
Amerykanka wrote:

A Polish team sounds great to me, since Polish has always been my main focus language. I also am actively
studying Spanish - I'd say I'm around a high intermediate/low basic fluency.

Fantastic. I'd say I'm probably somewhere around a B2 also, that is no more grammar books for me, just reading
and listening to improve my vocab and comprehension and speaking when I can. So I think we should
complement each other Spanish wise pretty well then. Rad! Also Spanish will still be my main focus language,
however Polish won't be too far behind.

Chung wrote:

I'm planning on working on my Polish and would gladly sign up for the Polish team. However I expect to spend
more time on Finnish and Northern Saami for at least the first couple of months. Don't count on me to be filling
the Polish team's log with postings in or about the language :-P

You are most welcome to join the Polish team when ever you're ready or wanting to do so, as I've been following
your Northern Saami and Finnish undertakings and you are indeed what I'd call a dedicated language learner, so
you'd be great to have on the team. Also that Polish page you put together is incredible! Thanks for all the hard
work. So should Meramarina, Amerykanka and I consider you as part of the team? Again, you can actively start
studying (of course) and participating when ever you want though.

meramarina wrote:

Yes this sounds good - Vos, Amerykanka and me so far, and of course others are very welcome - maybe Chung
could come by from time to time as a Senior Slavic Language Advisor, sigh, and say "you guys are doing this alllll
wrooooong!" Just kidding!

Hahaha I hope we don't do that bad! (Although it is damn complicated) Well this is looking good. So, obviously
everyone is going to have their own log for the year and record and share what they wish about their studies
there, but I've noticed everyone creating Pre Team threads to get everything organised. Should we do so also, or
just sort it out here or via PM? Also in regards to team name and aesthetics, any suggestions? A Polish letter, or
something more poetic and visual?

Just to sort out everything up till now:

Polish Team - Tac 2012:

Meramarina - Polish, German, Spanish, French
Amerykanka - Polish, Spanish, Latin
Vos - Polish, Spanish, some Dutch
and potentially Chung - Polish and every other Eastern European and Finno-Ugric language which can be
studied.

Others who are interested in expanding upon or delving into Polish are more than welcome to join, and of course
you can be studying other languages also.

Chung
Diglot
Joined 6941 days ago

4228 posts - 8259 votes 
20 sounds
Speaks: English*, French
Studies: Polish, Slovak, Uzbek, Turkish, Korean, Finnish

Message 142 of 361
12 December 2011 at 2:48am | IP Logged 
Vos wrote:
Chung wrote:
I'm planning on working on my Polish and would gladly sign up for the Polish team. However I expect to spend more time on Finnish and Northern Saami for at least the first couple of months. Don't count on me to be filling the Polish team's log with postings in or about the language :-P
[...]
So should Meramarina, Amerykanka and I consider you as part of the team? Again, you can actively start studying (of course) and participating when ever you want though.
[...]
I'm fine with it, Vos. Thanks. In addition to what I've said already about my participation, whatever I post for Polish will be similar to my log entries for Finnish and Hungarian. That is to say they won't be nearly as interesting as how I've been treating the Saamic languages. Any details about my progress in Polish will appear in my existing log but I'll put a link to the relevant entry from my log in the Polish team's organizational/administrative log (I assume that there will be such a log!).

garyb
Triglot
ScotlandRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 4992 days ago

1468 posts - 2413 votes 
Speaks: English*, Italian, French
Studies: Spanish

Message 143 of 361
12 December 2011 at 11:19am | IP Logged 
I'd be up for having a Romance languages team if anyone else is planning on focusing exclusively on Romance languages? Otherwise I'll happily go solo.

anamsc
Triglot
Andorra
Joined 5988 days ago

296 posts - 382 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish, Catalan
Studies: Arabic (Levantine), Arabic (Written), French

Message 144 of 361
12 December 2011 at 11:44am | IP Logged 
garyb wrote:
I'd be up for having a Romance languages team if anyone else is planning on focusing exclusively on Romance languages? Otherwise I'll happily go solo.

Was it ever settled whether we could be on more than one team? If so, I'd definitely join a Romance language team (for Catalan, French, and Spanish) in addition to the Catalan team.

This discussion contains 361 messages over 46 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version