Switzerland
Joined 5195 days ago

388 posts - 549 votes 
Speaks: French*, German*, EnglishC1, Swiss-German, Hungarian
Studies: Italian, Serbo-Croatian

Message 9 of 361
05 December 2011 at 9:41am | IP Logged 
Hello there !

TAC 2011 was for me Hungarian. I have already started a new log about other languages, and might as well add some for the TAC 2012.

Hungarian
Italian
Croatian

I'm low B1 in Hungarian, A1 in Italian and Croatian.

Kisfröccs
1 person has voted this message useful

Sunja
Diglot
Germany
Joined 5871 days ago

2020 posts - 2295 votes 
1 sounds
Speaks: English*, German
Studies: French, Mandarin

Message 10 of 361
05 December 2011 at 10:43am | IP Logged 
ellasevia wrote:
The Total Annihilation Challenge is an annual, year-long language challenge which has been an HTLAL tradition since 2008. This upcoming year, 2012, will be the fifth annual TAC. Do you have what it takes to make it to the end of this legendary competition?

When somebody throws down the gauntlet I just have to pick it up ^^

I'll do an individual TAC, focusing on German (C2), French (B), Turkish (0) and Japanese (which is a mess). Yep, I have some major mistakes from 2011 that I need to fix! This new TAC committment should get me on a better learning plan.   

a3
Triglot
Bulgaria
Joined 5042 days ago

273 posts - 370 votes 
Speaks: Bulgarian*, English, Russian
Studies: Portuguese, German, Italian, Spanish, Norwegian, Finnish

Message 11 of 361
05 December 2011 at 10:56am | IP Logged 
Languages I plan to study: Finnish and Norwegian
My current levels: beginer in Finnish, just starting Norwegian
My goals for the challenge: able to write intelligibly and express myself freely in both languages
I would like to be a part of a team
Should there be one thread for all members of a team, or every member should open his own one?

Mani
Diglot
Germany
imsprachendickicht.b
Joined 4691 days ago

258 posts - 323 votes 
Speaks: German*, English
Studies: French, Swedish, Portuguese, Latin, Welsh, Luxembourgish

Message 12 of 361
05 December 2011 at 12:15pm | IP Logged 
I'd like to join as well. My languages and language goals will be:

French B1 --> solid B2
Kurdish A1 --> A2/B1
Luxembourgish (My Luxembourgish is a mess, because it's so similar to my mother tongue. My passive skills are about C1, my active ones about A1 - so my goal for Luxembourgish:) active skills (speaking and writing) A1 --> B1

I'd like to restart my Russian (which I postponed for Kurdish) around April/May and start Portuguese around September/October, too. So there will also be:

Russian prior knowledge: a few words and the Cyrillic alphabet --> A1
Portuguese 0 --> A1

Any chances for a "rarely studied languages team"? The boost of motivation I currently got from the support of the Criticism for Mid-Eastern Languages? thread was huge. I'd like to share this experience.

Else register me for French please.

Volte
Tetraglot
Switzerland
Joined 6225 days ago

4474 posts - 6726 votes 
Speaks: English*, Esperanto, German, Italian
Studies: French, Finnish, Mandarin, Japanese

Message 13 of 361
05 December 2011 at 2:53pm | IP Logged 
I'm pleased to announce team "ne nur" (English translation: 'not only'). It's open to people who speak at least elementary Esperanto. The price of admission is agreeing to study at least 5 hours of Swahili next year, plus an eclectic selection of other languages of your choice.

See our pre-TAC thread for our language goals for next year, or to sign up.

Initial members: Sprachprofi and Volte

Jinx
Triglot
Germany
reverbnation.co
Joined 5479 days ago

1085 posts - 1879 votes 
Speaks: English*, German, French
Studies: Catalan, Dutch, Esperanto, Croatian, Serbian, Norwegian, Mandarin, Italian, Spanish, Yiddish

Message 14 of 361
05 December 2011 at 3:05pm | IP Logged 
I'm in! Focus languages will be German (again/still/always) and Catalan, with highly probable but randomly sprinkled-around appearances of French, Spanish, Dutch, Mandarin, perhaps Turkish/Russian/Croatian... okay no, let's say I'm only officially in for German and Catalan.

Goals? I'm going to be daring and say C2 in German, although I don't know if I'll be able to afford to take the official test. And I guess I'll aim for B1 in Catalan. That might sound low, but I know I won't have much time for this language (unfortunately).

If there's a team that fits me, I'd be happy to be there. Otherwise, I'd be just as happy flying solo this year. :)

Bjorn
Diglot
Norway
Joined 4654 days ago

244 posts - 286 votes 
Speaks: Norwegian*, English
Studies: German, French

Message 15 of 361
05 December 2011 at 3:27pm | IP Logged 
Im in!

Main focus: 1. German, intermediate
             2. French, newbie

Extra/holiday: Greek?
                Thai?
                Vietnamese?
                Japanese?

2 persons have voted this message useful

Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6383 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds
Speaks: Russian*, English, FinnishC1, Latin, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese
Studies: Danish, Romanian, Polish, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Croatian, Slovenian, Catalan, Czech, Galician, Dutch, Swedish

Message 16 of 361
05 December 2011 at 3:37pm | IP Logged 
would you guys want to join our Slavic/Romance team? :)

Kisfroccs wrote:
I'm low B1 in Hungarian, A1 in Italian and Croatian.
awww Italian and Croatian will probably be the ones I focus on from their groups:)

Mani wrote:
Russian prior knowledge: a few words and the Cyrillic alphabet --> A1
Portuguese 0 --> A1

Any chances for a "rarely studied languages team"? The boost of motivation I currently got from the support of the Criticism for Mid-Eastern Languages? thread was huge. I'd like to share this experience.
I'd love such a team too. This year several people are in more than one team so it should be ok:) Would you also want to join ours with Russian/Portuguese? :)

Jinx wrote:
If there's a team that fits me, I'd be happy to be there. Otherwise, I'd be just as happy flying solo this year. :)
If you do decide to study Russian or Croatian you're very welcome to our Romance+Slavic team♥ You don't have to decide right now which Slavic language you'll be studying.

--
Ironically, for now I'm the only member of the Romance+Slavic team who studies Romanian, and I'm not even focusing on it XD :/

Edited by Serpent on 05 December 2011 at 4:09pm

This discussion contains 361 messages over 46 pages: << Prev 13 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version