Joined 5663 days ago

635 posts - 816 votes 
Speaks: Portuguese*, Esperanto, French, EnglishC2, Spanish, German, Italian
Studies: Catalan, Mandarin

Message 281 of 361
29 December 2011 at 9:47pm | IP Logged 
Tournesol wrote:
Flarioca wrote:
It's not clear whether German learners would really like to join a German Team.

I'd be interested in joining a German language team if we have enough interest. My level is somewhere between 0 and A1.

The German Team Thread is open: 2012 TAC: German Team

I was hoping that someone with earlier experience on the TAC procedures would do that, but this is a busy/lazy period of the year anyway :-))

Edited by Flarioca on 29 December 2011 at 9:47pm

1 person has voted this message useful

Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6378 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds
Speaks: Russian*, English, FinnishC1, Latin, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese
Studies: Danish, Romanian, Polish, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Croatian, Slovenian, Catalan, Czech, Galician, Dutch, Swedish

Message 282 of 361
30 December 2011 at 6:11am | IP Logged 
sofiapofia wrote:
I'm studying German, Swedish, Icelandic and Portuguese. I've never taken part in a TAC
before but I plan to make my own log soon and hopefully find a team to join!
With three Germanic languages on your list, you may want to join the Germanic/Sinitic team:) i'm a member and there's quite a bit of an overlap as I study German, Portuguese and have just started Danish. as far as i remember i'm the only Portuguese learner there, though.
2 persons have voted this message useful

sundance
United States
Joined 4495 days ago

20 posts - 22 votes
Speaks: English*
Studies: Japanese

Message 283 of 361
30 December 2011 at 5:17pm | IP Logged 
I am another long-term lurker who has been lured out by TAC2012. I have been self-studying Japanese since August, but have not been consistent, and I'm hoping that by joining a team I will not take month-to-two-month breaks in my studies again. If there is a category below beginner, that's me in Japanese. By the end of the year, I'd like to pass mock N5 tests with ease!

I would like to join Team 龍. My focus for the whole year will be Japanese, but I have a few other east asian languages I plan to dabble in as well (Thai, Vietnamese).

EmersoninKorea
United States
emersoninkorea.
Joined 4555 days ago

25 posts - 26 votes
Studies: Korean

Message 284 of 361
31 December 2011 at 6:50am | IP Logged 
Just in case:

I am on Team 龍 with Korean.

Thanks for setting everything up!

ErwinHiggs
Diglot
Canada
Joined 4494 days ago

12 posts - 13 votes
Speaks: French*, English
Studies: Japanese

Message 285 of 361
31 December 2011 at 6:52am | IP Logged 
As sundance just above, I am a long-time lurker of this website. From the start, I was
amazed to see so many people sharing this common hobby of language learning. Even
though I was blessed to be born in a Quebec, where one can pick up a second language
barely by breathing, I've never quite tackled the challenge of learning a new language,
even though it has been a project running my mind for quite some time already. I feel
like the most logical way to go is to participate in such an event, with people from
all around the globe sharing a common objective. This way, we can share our goals,
aspirations, but also our crushing difficulties.

Considering all this, and hoping it is not too late to register for the TAC 2012; I'd
like to join team い and share my experience in learning Japanese. Even though I know a
few basic kanjis, we can say without arguing that I'm starting from scratch. Surely
getting through RTK will be the main objective for the first half of the year, but I am
not quite sure what to expect for the rest. I do not want to put futile pressure on my
shoulder with exact numbers in term of vocabulary and I'll probably 'go with the flow'.

I wish good luck to all, and hope that anyone needing help with their french won't
hesitate to ask for our help!

Sunja
Diglot
Germany
Joined 5866 days ago

2020 posts - 2295 votes 
1 sounds
Speaks: English*, German
Studies: French, Mandarin

Message 286 of 361
31 December 2011 at 7:18am | IP Logged 
Welcome sundance and ErwinHiggs to the forum!

@ErwinHiggs, here's our Japanese Team い. I look forward to having a native French speaker on the team! A few of us (including myself) are learning French!

becks
United States
Joined 4495 days ago

5 posts - 11 votes
Studies: Spanish, Russian

Message 287 of 361
31 December 2011 at 8:27pm | IP Logged 
I’m new to this but am very interested in joining this year’s TAC as part of a team, although if it cannot be arranged I'm happy to go solo. (Sorry for my lateness!) I plan on studying Spanish, in which I’d say I am currently approaching an A2 level, and Russian, at which I will be a complete beginner apart from a basic familiarity with the Cyrillic alphabet. I hope to by the end of the year reach the threshold of B2 in Spanish, and A2 in Russian.

chlwrd3
Diglot
United States
Joined 4494 days ago

9 posts - 9 votes
Speaks: English*, German

Message 288 of 361
31 December 2011 at 10:07pm | IP Logged 
I would love to be part of this year's TAC as part if a team i an intermediate German learner and a
beginner russian learner by the end of the year i plan to know about 6000 words and phrases in these
languages German,russian,hungarian,portuguese,polish,chechen and one more that i have not picked.
German and russian are my target languages i want to be c1 level in German at least by the end on the
year. English is my native language.

This discussion contains 361 messages over 46 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version