Triglot
Bulgaria
Joined 5041 days ago

273 posts - 370 votes 
Speaks: Bulgarian*, English, Russian
Studies: Portuguese, German, Italian, Spanish, Norwegian, Finnish

Message 25 of 361
05 December 2011 at 7:29pm | IP Logged 
No, I have only declared that I am intending to be a part of one.
1 person has voted this message useful

hribecek
Triglot
Czech Republic
Joined 5134 days ago

1243 posts - 1458 votes 
Speaks: English*, Czech, Spanish
Studies: Italian, Polish, Slovak, Hungarian, Toki Pona, Russian

Message 26 of 361
05 December 2011 at 8:23pm | IP Logged 
I'll be studying Czech, Hungarian, Spanish, plus maybe a bit of Slovak and maybe something else that I haven't decided on yet - probably Polish, Russian or Ukrainian.

Czech and Hungarian should be my main focus languages. I'm Czech C1, Spanish B2 and Hungarian A2.

I agree with Kisfröccs that I would like to be in the same team as her again, because we worked well as a team and she was a fantastic teammate!

I'm happy to be in the Slavic or Finno-Ugric team but I think the teams should be bigger from the start this year because lots of people lose interest as the year goes on and our Hungarian team became just me and Kisfröccs this year.

Maybe a joint Slavic/Finno-Ugric team could be possible or something like an Eastern European team? Depends on how many people there are I suppose.
2 persons have voted this message useful

Kisfroccs
Bilingual Pentaglot
Switzerland
Joined 5194 days ago

388 posts - 549 votes 
Speaks: French*, German*, EnglishC1, Swiss-German, Hungarian
Studies: Italian, Serbo-Croatian

Message 28 of 361
05 December 2011 at 8:38pm | IP Logged 
hribecek wrote:
I'm happy to be in the Slavic or Finno-Ugric team but I think the teams should be bigger from the start this year because lots of people lose interest as the year goes on and our Hungarian team became just me and Kisfröccs this year.

Maybe a joint Slavic/Finno-Ugric team could be possible or something like an Eastern European team? Depends on how many people there are I suppose.

Eastern European Team or Slavic/Finno-Ugric Team would be fine for me ! My focus is really Hungarian and it is private, while Italian is required for my job. Croatian too is a "private" language, nothing to do with jobs or studies.

Kisfröccs

Luna Moonsilver
Diglot
Groupie
Germany
lunaslanglog.wordpreRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 4863 days ago

77 posts - 99 votes 
Speaks: English*, German
Studies: Russian, Mandarin, Korean

Message 29 of 361
05 December 2011 at 9:47pm | IP Logged 
Ooh, I'd definitely like to take part this year! :D

I'm currently studying:
German -- about B1/B2 (B2 passive, B1 active)
Mandarin -- A2
Swahili -- nothing (I took it up in May for the Six Week Challenge, but dropped it
after that because of exams. I started doing the Assimil course again yesterday from
lesson one.)

Basically, I'm moving to Germany next September so I'd like all those skills to be B2
minimum (C1 if at all possible) by then and, since I'm moving to China the February
after, that needs to improve to B2 (ish) as well :). I'd like to be on a team too,
please :D.

Hum, I could pick up a couple of languages in the year as well (namely Korean or
Russian) but since that's not definite, I'm not going to list them as languages I'm
'studying'. Still, it's something to bear in mind :).
2 persons have voted this message useful

Chung
Diglot
Joined 6941 days ago

4228 posts - 8259 votes 
20 sounds
Speaks: English*, French
Studies: Polish, Slovak, Uzbek, Turkish, Korean, Finnish

Message 30 of 361
05 December 2011 at 9:48pm | IP Logged 
I could live with a Finno-Ugric-Slavonic team since my target languages are there anyway. How well I handle the two groups remains to be seen as so far I've been doing minimal work with Slavonic these days.

mick33
United States
Joined 5709 days ago

1335 posts - 1632 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Finnish
Studies: Thai, Polish, Afrikaans, Hindi, Hungarian, Italian, Spanish, Swedish

Message 31 of 361
05 December 2011 at 10:47pm | IP Logged 
Chung wrote:
Have you joined a team yet, a3?

I'd most likely stick with Finnish and Northern Saami while Hungarian is an additional option. I'm not sure yet how to allocate the time for study in the new year.

Is there anyone else wanting to sign up for a Finno-Ugric team? Hribecek? Kisfröccs? DaraghM? Kafea?
Yes, I do want to be part of a Finno-Ugric team for 2012 and actually learn Finnish to a level where I can use it. The other languages I will focus on in 2012 are Italian and Swedish.

Cavesa
Triglot
Czech Republic
Joined 4794 days ago

3277 posts - 6779 votes 
Speaks: Czech*, FrenchC2, EnglishC1
Studies: Spanish, German, Italian

Message 32 of 361
05 December 2011 at 11:08pm | IP Logged 
Wonderful, I've been looking forward to joining TAC since I discovered this forum (or since about a week later). I would definitely like to be in a team. I will be less actuve till half of February (exams) but after that, I should have a lot of time for languages.

So, what am I definitely going to study:
French: currently passive C1+, active B2-, would like to get to C1/C2 in all areas
Spanish: currently passive B1/B2, active A1, would like to get to solid B1 at least
German: currently around A1 in all areas, would like to get to B1

I will most probably add one language from this part of my hit list:
Swedish (I started some time ago and took a break), Polish, Russian, Esperanto, Japanese or Mandarin (if I feel really brave or go completely mad :-) )

I'm excited about the challenge already.

This discussion contains 361 messages over 46 pages: << Prev 1 2 35 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version