WentworthsGal
United KingdomRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 4669 days ago

191 posts - 246 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Swedish, Spanish

Message 1 of 5
16 December 2011 at 4:49pm | IP Logged 
I'm currently working through the Svenska Utifrån Lärobok I Svenska... The thing is, I don't have the answers (that I can see). Do they exist or is it expected that your teacher would know the answers without needing them to refer to? Thanks x
1 person has voted this message useful

jeff_lindqvist
Diglot
SwedenRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 6690 days ago

4250 posts - 5710 votes 
Speaks: Swedish*, English
Studies: German, Spanish, Russian, Dutch, Mandarin, Esperanto, Irish, French
Personal Language Map

Message 2 of 5
16 December 2011 at 7:54pm | IP Logged 
I'm not familiar with this particular series, so I don't know if there is a separate key to the exercise book. If the exercises are pretty straightforward, the teacher should be able to judge if you have given the correct answers. What kind of exercise are there? Fill in the blanks? Odd man out? Choose the right word from a list?

WentworthsGal
Joined 4669 days ago

191 posts - 246 votes 

Message 3 of 5
16 December 2011 at 7:58pm | IP Logged 
Hi. Thanks for your reply. I think they're used in the classroom but I'm studying with it from home. The first excercise I've come accross so far is a "listen to the recording and fill in the blanks in the book" type of activity. After giving it a go, I'd like the answers so I can see how I did, where I went wrong and why etc.

WentworthsGal
Joined 4669 days ago

191 posts - 246 votes 

Message 4 of 5
16 December 2011 at 8:01pm | IP Logged 
Ok, I did a google and found this: https://bookshop.si.se/shop/shop/showItem.asp?artnr=1076-5 it doesn't look like there is a separate book and it also recommends *not* to use it for self-study... Ah well, I'm still gunna use it and just do my best and learn from what it *does* tell me :o)

jeff_lindqvist
Diglot
SwedenRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 6690 days ago

4250 posts - 5710 votes 
Speaks: Swedish*, English
Studies: German, Spanish, Russian, Dutch, Mandarin, Esperanto, Irish, French
Personal Language Map

Message 5 of 5
16 December 2011 at 11:47pm | IP Logged 
Maybe there are several accompanying books/booklets in which case there might be an underlying structure behind the lessons and the grammatical progression. Some books out there just aren't that suitable for self-study (lack of "instructions", no key to the exercises etc.).

Of course use your book to see what it can teach you!

I once got a book called "Finnish exercises" (or something like that) which seemed pretty difficult to get through without the textbook (if there was one) or at least some knowledge in Finnish. It only cost 50 Euro cents, though. The day I decide to have a closer look at Finnish, I'm sure the book will help me.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version