Norway
Joined 5146 days ago

4143 posts - 8864 votes 
Speaks: Norwegian*, Spanish, Swedish, French, English, German, Italian
Studies: Russian

Message 33 of 40
19 January 2012 at 4:58pm | IP Logged 
Fasulye wrote:

NL: Elke werkdag kom ik nu thuis om 18:30 uur en ik ben helemaal uitgeput, dus ik ben 's avonds eigenlijk niet instaat om nog iets zinvols te doen.

Try adding to that driving or walking two teenagers around in the afternoons to their various activities, helping them with their homework, taking care of two cats, exercising regularly because of back problems, helping the two children I am legal guardian for, and interpret for their mother in meetings with lawyers (waiting for a meeting now at 18.00) lots of travelling in my job where I come home around midnight, keeping a show garden which is open to the public plus running a small business making rose jelly, giving conferences about roses and tulips, or writing articles and taking photos for gardening magazines plus being the one my friends turn to for help, and still dealing with red tape after the loss of my parents, and of course all the housework and the other 1000 things delegated to a mom, and you know why my Russian progress is a tad slow :-)
1 person has voted this message useful

Fasulye
Heptaglot
Winner TAC 2012
Germany
fasulyespolyglotblog
Joined 5659 days ago

5460 posts - 6006 votes 
1 sounds
Speaks: German*, DutchC1, EnglishB2, French, Italian, Spanish, Esperanto
Studies: Latin, Danish, Norwegian, Turkish
Personal Language Map

Message 34 of 40
19 January 2012 at 5:21pm | IP Logged 
Yes, I know very well that the capacities of different people are different. I know for example that other people can do more things than I without becoming tired or exhausted. But that's the way it is and I can't change it.

(EDIT)

Fasulye

Edited by Fasulye on 21 January 2012 at 1:21pm

Solfrid Cristin
Heptaglot
Winner TAC 2011 & 2012
Norway
Joined 5146 days ago

4143 posts - 8864 votes 

Message 35 of 40
19 January 2012 at 5:34pm | IP Logged 
Fasulye wrote:
Yes, I know very well that the capacities of different people are different. I know for example that other people can do more things than I without becoming tired or exhausted. But that's the way it is and I can't change it.

(EDIT)

Fasulye

No, no, Fasulye, I did not in any way mean to diminish your tiredness. I am so tired sometimes when I come home from work myself that I feel like crying, so I completely sympathise. There are just some times that I wish I could just put my feet up, and relax, without having so many demands on me, and always either have somone mad at me or feeling bad, because I have not done everything I should. I was relating to the "no energy to do any serious study when I get home" that I understood you were mentioning in your text.

And you are in a new job, something which is particularly tiring. When I started out in the job I have now, I not only was absolutely exhausted every evening, but I also had cramps for the first two weeks, because I had been used to running around all the time, and suddenly I was stuck behind a desk all day, something which is actually more tireing than if you get more change. And that was when I was in my twenties. I cannot imagine what it must be like to make such a change at the age I am now.

Try to hang in there for a few weeks, then perhaps you'll get used to it, and if not, then perhaps they will be so happy with your work that they will allow you to work part-time only. It is worth a shot - if you actually like the job, that is.

Edited by Fasulye on 21 January 2012 at 1:21pm

Fasulye
Heptaglot
Winner TAC 2012
Germany
fasulyespolyglotblog
Joined 5659 days ago

5460 posts - 6006 votes 
1 sounds
Personal Language Map

Message 36 of 40
21 January 2012 at 1:05pm | IP Logged 
Solfrid Cristin wrote:

And you are in a new job, something which is particularly tiring. When I started out in the job I have now, I not only was absolutely exhausted every evening, but I also had cramps for the first two weeks, because I had been used to running around all the time, and suddenly I was stuck behind a desk all day, something which is actually more tireing than if you get more change. And that was when I was in my twenties. I cannot imagine what it must be like to make such a change at the age I am now.

Try to hang in there for a few weeks, then perhaps you'll get used to it, and if not, then perhaps they will be so happy with your work that they will allow you to work part-time only.

FR: Oui, tu as raison! Moi, j'ai eu des problèmes de santé dans ma première semaine de travail en j'ai demandé une reduction des heures pour travailler part-time.

On verra, si ça sera possible.

Fasulye

Fasulye
Heptaglot
Winner TAC 2012
Germany
fasulyespolyglotblog
Joined 5659 days ago

5460 posts - 6006 votes 
1 sounds
Personal Language Map

Message 37 of 40
21 January 2012 at 1:16pm | IP Logged 
Samedí le 20 janvier 2012

DEVOIRS DE TRAVAIL

J'ai des nouvelles choses à apprendre maintenant. Beaucoup de terminologie par example! Ce weekend je fais une revision et je vais apprendre les faits les plus importants par coeur.

Il y a des abbreviations que de dois apprendre, surtout en anglais.

1. de geheugenkaart = die Speicherkarte = (in English) memory card?
2. le ticket à caisse = der Kassenbon = de kassabon
3. CE = consumer electronics
4. HDD = hard disk drive = externe Festplatte
5. @ = l'arobase f. = het apenstaartje = der Klammeraffe
6. SN = serial number = die Seriennummer = het serienummer

C'est comme apprende un nouveau vocabulaire, mais c'est en même temps une chose practique parce que je connais les siutations dans lesquelle nous utilisons des mots comme ça. Donc c'est vraiment "learning by doing" et pas apprende d'un livre.

Fasulye

Edited by Fasulye on 21 January 2012 at 1:42pm

Fasulye
Heptaglot
Winner TAC 2012
Germany
fasulyespolyglotblog
Joined 5659 days ago

5460 posts - 6006 votes 
1 sounds
Personal Language Map

Message 38 of 40
24 January 2012 at 11:52am | IP Logged 
Tuesday, 24 January 2011

End of my new job - no working hours reduction was possible!

Language learning is fun but I need to improve my health situation, so the money will flow into sport activities instead of a new Danish course semester.

Fasulye

Solfrid Cristin
Heptaglot
Winner TAC 2011 & 2012
Norway
Joined 5146 days ago

4143 posts - 8864 votes 

Message 39 of 40
24 January 2012 at 12:16pm | IP Logged 
Fasulye wrote:
Tuesday, 24 January 2011

Language learning is fun but I need to improve my health situation, so the money will flow into sport activities instead of a new Danish course semester.

Fasulye

I am so sorry to hear about the job, but your health is most important of course. Best of luck! I will keep you in my thoughts.

Cristina

Fasulye
Heptaglot
Winner TAC 2012
Germany
fasulyespolyglotblog
Joined 5659 days ago

5460 posts - 6006 votes 
1 sounds
Personal Language Map

Message 40 of 40
24 January 2012 at 1:35pm | IP Logged 
Solfrid Cristin wrote:
Fasulye wrote:
Tuesday, 24 January 2011

Fasulye

I am so sorry to hear about the job, but your health is most important of course. Best of luck! I will keep you in my thoughts.

Cristina

Then I must keep up my Danish by self-study. I can only spend my money once - it's so little I have. Danish is important to me anyway.

Fasulye

This discussion contains 40 messages over 5 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version