Triglot
United States
Joined 5476 days ago

206 posts - 239 votes 
Speaks: English*, German, Latin
Studies: Spanish, Portuguese, Mandarin, French

Message 9 of 38
05 January 2012 at 4:44am | IP Logged 
Well, my practice of alternating languages by day has (unfortunately) continued as I have only studied Portuguese today. Luckily I have managed to squeeze two vocab sections into the time I had to study, and have now covered "Health/A Saúde" and "Restaurant/O Restaurante" in addition to those mentioned in previous posts. Hopefully, I can start on unit 6 for Chinese tomorrow and also manage a bit more Portuguese.
1 person has voted this message useful

ReQuest
Tetraglot
Netherlands
Joined 4844 days ago

200 posts - 228 votes 
Speaks: Dutch*, English, German, French
Studies: Spanish

Message 10 of 38
05 January 2012 at 12:17pm | IP Logged 
Which Portugues standard are you learning?

jae
Triglot
United States
Joined 5476 days ago

206 posts - 239 votes 

Message 11 of 38
06 January 2012 at 6:18pm | IP Logged 
I'm learning Brazilian Portuguese, since it's more useful for me (and I also love the sound - so beautiful!).

jae
Triglot
United States
Joined 5476 days ago

206 posts - 239 votes 

Message 12 of 38
09 January 2012 at 2:31am | IP Logged 
Covered "Clothing/A Roupa" Portuguese vocab. Not much more to update about though.

jae
Triglot
United States
Joined 5476 days ago

206 posts - 239 votes 

Message 13 of 38
16 January 2012 at 3:43am | IP Logged 
Finally got back to my studies after a week of slight abandonment...I worked a little on Portuguese today and studied vocab concerning Leisure/O Lazer. I've also worked on my Unit 6 Chinese vocab this week.

jae
Triglot
United States
Joined 5476 days ago

206 posts - 239 votes 

Message 14 of 38
22 January 2012 at 9:04pm | IP Logged 
I am 高兴 today because I had some time to progress in my Portuguese vocab. Yay! (Just thought I'd through in some Chinese there too ^^ ). Covered "Food/A Comida," "Household/A Casa," and "Around Town/Pela Cidade," meaning that I don't have all that much left until I'm done with my basic vocabulary (recap: I wanted to get basic vocab down before beginning to study in earnest/with a book/with grammar, etc.). I've been trying to get through all the vocab by the end of January, so so far I'm on track! (Yay again!). I also managed to review a lot of the dialogues in Units 1-5 this past Friday, which has also helped in refreshing Mandarin (been a bit short on time in the last week or so to study much, so now I'm trying to get back on track). I'm going to try to have the first book in the series I'm using (i.e. Units 1-6 in that book) done by the end of 3 weeks or so (there's still a lot of material to cover in unit 6, and even though I'm pretty solid on the recognizing and reading the vocab in units 1-5, I'm hoping to improve my character writing). That's it! 再见! Até logo!
2 persons have voted this message useful

jae
Triglot
United States
Joined 5476 days ago

206 posts - 239 votes 

Message 15 of 38
10 February 2012 at 12:46pm | IP Logged 
大家好! Since my extended absence from the forum, I have actually studied languages! (*Gasp!*). Yes, it is true. Unfortunately, I never quite got around to updating my log (*sad face*). Sorry. Sooo...I've continued studying Mandarin from Unit 6, and I'm hoping to put in more time on that this weekend (my schedule has been so packed recently, it's eaten up my language studying time allotment). I also studied more Portuguese vocab: "Education/A Instrução," but there are a LOT of words, so I'm just hoping to finish that up this weekend as well. Apparently my goal of finishing my basic Portuguese vocab by the end of January is sort of moot at this point, but I am going to move on while I try to catch up. So in the next few weeks, I'm hoping to start using Pimsleur and my Portuguese textbook to up the ante on my Portuguese studies. Até amanhã!

Edit: Corrected my Chinese greeting.

Edited by jae on 29 June 2012 at 5:41pm

Ari
Heptaglot
Norway
Joined 6394 days ago

2314 posts - 5695 votes 
Speaks: Swedish*, English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Mandarin, Cantonese
Studies: Czech, Latin, German

Message 16 of 38
10 February 2012 at 1:54pm | IP Logged 
jae wrote:
你好大家!

The idiomatic way to say this is "大家好". "你好大家" sounds a bit weird, like saying "Everybody hello!" in English.

This discussion contains 38 messages over 5 pages: << Prev 13 4 5  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version