Triglot
Czech Republic
Joined 4807 days ago

3277 posts - 6779 votes 
Speaks: Czech*, FrenchC2, EnglishC1
Studies: Spanish, German, Italian

Message 10 of 10
02 January 2012 at 12:55pm | IP Logged 
It's true it might be hard to find for exemple movies dubbed in Slovak, since Czech language is still quite common in their tv. But there are Slovak tv series, I've seen a crime one quite recently. It was not bad.

I found some tips on slovak films at http://sk.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=%C5%A0peci%C3%A1ln e:H%C4%BEadanie&search=slovensk%C3%BD+film&redirs=1&ns0=1 but I must admit I haven't seen most of them. But the annotations look quite good.

And there are some good slovak musicians, even though most are older and your mum might remember them from her youth. Try on youtube and you'll see whether something will suit you at least for learning purposes. There's for exemple Elán, Team, Miroslav Žbirka, Richard Muller, Jana Kirschner, No Name, Horkýže Slýže (my favourite slovak band. Their lyrics may not be easy to understand for a learner but most of them are really fun.), Peha, Iné Kafe. Most of these examples are described at wiki as rock/punk/some pop and even folk etc.

Right now, I cannot remember any writer but it tells more about my lack of knowledge than the amount of slovak books. If I rerember or find out any, I'll tell you.

I suppose that you would have no trouble with finding a language exchange partner on any site, you may give it a try.

I hope some of my tips will be helpful.

And what I should have said first, good luck with your studies. I admire you and am looking forward to reading about your progress.
1 person has voted this message useful

This discussion contains 10 messages over 2 pages: << Prev 1

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version