United Kingdom
timeofftakeoff.com
Joined 4343 days ago

689 posts - 1119 votes 
Speaks: English*, German, Esperanto
Studies: Croatian, Serbian, Macedonian

Message 257 of 264
12 July 2015 at 10:38pm | IP Logged 
I can't believe that you are already thinking about the next SC :D I'm not sure I could
cope with another one!

Well done on being able to read the article so easily :) Just a shame that the subject
matter wasn't more positive.
3 persons have voted this message useful

Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6357 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds
Speaks: Russian*, English, FinnishC1, Latin, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese
Studies: Danish, Romanian, Polish, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Croatian, Slovenian, Catalan, Czech, Galician, Dutch, Swedish

Message 258 of 264
13 July 2015 at 4:15am | IP Logged 
Haha, well, since I'm registered with nearly all my languages, and next time I won't do that, obviously I'm thinking of what I want to get done during the current challenge :)

I also want to achieve a good balance between what counts and what doesn't. For example I'm toying with the idea of not registering with my next SC languages for Tadoku. Also, right now it's much more motivating to think about the next challenge :D

BTW I'll only do the August 6WC if I "have" to add a new language because of Roma. Like Arabic or Turkish. Otherwise my only intensive challenge between now and October will be the two-week August Tadoku :) In Swedish and Belarusian, not sure what else.

Aww about subject matter ♥ well, moments like this are the real test.
1 person has voted this message useful

Radioclare
Triglot
United Kingdom
timeofftakeoff.com
Joined 4343 days ago

689 posts - 1119 votes 

Message 259 of 264
13 July 2015 at 10:55am | IP Logged 
Which two weeks in August is Tadoku? I get really confused about the dates.

I'm also considering giving the 6WC a miss in August. I was toying with the idea of doing Czech but realistically I probably don't have time.

Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6357 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds
Speaks: Russian*, English, FinnishC1, Latin, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese
Studies: Danish, Romanian, Polish, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Croatian, Slovenian, Catalan, Czech, Galician, Dutch, Swedish

Message 260 of 264
13 July 2015 at 11:07am | IP Logged 
The second half of the month. Technically a bit more than 14 days as it starts on August 15 :)
2 persons have voted this message useful

Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6357 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds

Message 261 of 264
13 July 2015 at 2:08pm | IP Logged 
Also speaking of Tadoku, I did embarrassingly little in June, considering I was doing two strong languages and one that's related to my L1 (English, Italian, Croatian). But I'm in the process of accepting that I'm an average reader, or below average when I don't have time or motivation.

Still, it wasn't that bad, and I watched a lot of stuff with subtitles. My goals for the last days were to hit 600 pages total and 50 pages of Croatian, and I did that, but I reported at like 23:59:15 and it didn't register. Still a nice result and my best for a month-long round since June 2013. (In March 2013 I did more in two weeks, OMG. But both times this included reading spam for work, and both times I did Portuguese - in March along with Italian)

Just counted and for the SC I have a total of 554 movies and 88 books. Looks like very few have done more :P

Radioclare
Triglot
United Kingdom
timeofftakeoff.com
Joined 4343 days ago

689 posts - 1119 votes 

Message 262 of 264
13 July 2015 at 9:07pm | IP Logged 
Wow, that is an insane amount of films - well done :)

Expugnator
Hexaglot
Brazil
Joined 4926 days ago

3335 posts - 4349 votes 
Speaks: Portuguese*, Norwegian, French, English, Italian, Papiamento
Studies: Mandarin, Georgian, Russian

Message 263 of 264
13 July 2015 at 11:57pm | IP Logged 
I am also looking forward to the next SC. This time I want to avoid the mistakes I made for this one - I added Russian, Georgian and Mandarin at a too low level. But now it's the right time for the three of them, so perhaps I'm going to continue with them. As for French, Norwegian and German, I'll probably stick to the 10-rule (10 minutes and 10 pages a day) to keep the ball rolling everyday and add up output as the day goes by and fun input at the weekends).

I should add Italian so it catches up with French, but from what I noticed with Papiamento even 2 minutes a day brings you up to B2/C1 listening. So, all is still puzzling, because regardless of whether I include them in the SC or not, I am still going to find time for native materials for Italian and Estonian, plus I want to start learning another language from scratch as well as a 'transparent' one. It only gets more difficult with time!

Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6357 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds

Message 264 of 264
01 November 2016 at 5:06am | IP Logged 
Test test test test test

This discussion contains 264 messages over 33 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version