264 messages over 33 pages: << Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 ... 32 33 Next >>
Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6356 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds
Speaks: Russian*, English, FinnishC1, Latin, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese
Studies: Danish, Romanian, Polish, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Croatian, Slovenian, Catalan, Czech, Galician, Dutch, Swedish

Message 97 of 264
03 May 2013 at 1:34am | IP Logged 
Serpent wrote:
Spring has come and Ukrainian is back on my list <3

I've seen that there's a challenge for doing GLOSS lessons, and as a huge fan of the site I'm going to do one in each of my languages available. But right now I'm behind on reading LOTR, so I'll just anticipate the time when I get around to this and make a list of the lessons I plan to do.

French: Green IT. As I only do it because of my job, I choose topics that are relevant for it.
Portuguese: América Downgrades Fluminense with a Fantastic Performance! One of the few football lessons I've not done yet.
+ Spanish: River Plate: A Teetering Giant. Same.
German: A New Sculpture for Hamburg. My fave city, yay!
+ Serbian: What is it that Goes on in the World of Sports?
+ Croatian: About the History of Ston, Salt and Salt-making. Been staring at the title for like forever, time to finally do it!
Indonesian: Save Others. About first aid.

oops. finally got started on this, wasn't motivated to read 1-2 pages for an hour during Tadoku.
did the Croatian lesson today:)
let's say my goal for the 6WC is at least 30 GLOSS lessons (Croatian and Serbian), preferably 50 (counting the totals maybe, like Portuguese, Spanish, Indonesian too...)
my goal for the year was 100 lessons each in Serbian and Croatian, and 100 total for the rest. right now the count is 2, 3, 4 respectively and I guess the first goal is to reach 10 in each of these.

as stated in the viking thread, another goal is 25 hours of Scandinavian languages. or at least 20.

Edited by Serpent on 14 May 2013 at 6:02pm

1 person has voted this message useful

Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6356 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds
Speaks: Russian*, English, FinnishC1, Latin, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese
Studies: Danish, Romanian, Polish, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Croatian, Slovenian, Catalan, Czech, Galician, Dutch, Swedish

Message 98 of 264
07 June 2013 at 4:03pm | IP Logged 
Not doing so well with those goals. Polish and Portuguese continue to rule my world.
I also watched football in Catalan a couple of days ago. And hrhenry mentioned twitter so I found some twitter accounts through him (more links are very welcome!!!!)

So Catalan is back on my Studies: list.

I also switched Croatian and Belarusian to intermediate. Never been a true beginner in them but now I feel comfortable calling myself intermediate.

Added Swedish to my hit list, added the reasons and I already have more than for German. This was the 24th language in my profile, so I also added Estonian and my reasons to learn it... and I realized it might be more useful than I thought in my quest.

Expugnator
Hexaglot
Brazil
Joined 4925 days ago

3335 posts - 4349 votes 
Speaks: Portuguese*, Norwegian, French, English, Italian, Papiamento
Studies: Mandarin, Georgian, Russian

Message 99 of 264
07 June 2013 at 5:35pm | IP Logged 
How come you watched football in Catalan if you don't like FC Barcelona?! :D

Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6356 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds

Message 100 of 264
07 June 2013 at 6:24pm | IP Logged 
I watched Uruguay-France :)

Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6356 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds

Message 101 of 264
07 June 2013 at 6:25pm | IP Logged 
If even Mourinho speaks Catalan surely I'm also allowed to learn it :P
3 persons have voted this message useful

Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6356 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds

Message 102 of 264
19 June 2013 at 12:58pm | IP Logged 
Happy birthday to me :P :)))
I got an e-reader despite repeatedly saying I don't need/want one. Any site recs for paid e-books? I know only fnac.pt and ibs.it.
Do I get it right that the kindle versions from amazon can't be read on other devices?

Edited by Serpent on 19 June 2013 at 1:19pm

Expugnator
Hexaglot
Brazil
Joined 4925 days ago

3335 posts - 4349 votes 
Speaks: Portuguese*, Norwegian, French, English, Italian, Papiamento
Studies: Mandarin, Georgian, Russian

Message 103 of 264
19 June 2013 at 3:23pm | IP Logged 
There's livrariacultura.com.br and saraiva.com.br . Be sure to check if you can buy from
there to display in Russia. I'm afraid at Saraiva you can't, but try at livrariacultura .

espejismo
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 4810 days ago

498 posts - 905 votes 
Speaks: Russian*, English
Studies: Spanish, Greek, Azerbaijani

Message 104 of 264
19 June 2013 at 10:40pm | IP Logged 
Serpent wrote:
Happy birthday to me :P :)))
I got an e-reader despite repeatedly saying I don't need/want one. Any site recs for paid e-books? I know only
fnac.pt and ibs.it.
Do I get it right that the kindle versions from amazon can't be read on other devices?

Parabéns, feliz aniversário!

When I buy a book in .mobi format from Amazon, I am able to read it on my PC, kindle, and iPad. or do you
have some other device in mind?

2 persons have voted this message useful

This discussion contains 264 messages over 33 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version