justpaste.it/Woodsei
Joined 4575 days ago

614 posts - 782 votes 
Speaks: English*, Arabic (Egyptian)*
Studies: Russian, Japanese, Hungarian

Message 49 of 162
15 March 2012 at 3:20am | IP Logged 
Takato wrote:
It's good that you're experimenting. I think I should do the same...
And congratulations on your progress! I can hardly believe it. :O
Woodsei wrote:
I'm
female

O_O

Thanks for your support! I have a lot of time currently that I can devote to language
study, so I'm living the life of a Japanese hermit.

Although, I'm not exactly sure what you meant after the quote :S

Anyway, good luck on your studies!
1 person has voted this message useful

fortheo
United States
Joined 4814 days ago

187 posts - 222 votes 
Studies: French

Message 50 of 162
15 March 2012 at 6:02am | IP Logged 
Your log really is incredible.

I noticed you have been reading Kenji Miyazawa's short stories, which is cool cause I too recently collected transcripts for those stories ( thanks to sheetz log ) . Starting with those will definitely be good prep work for the future task that is Harry potter.

Keep up the good work :)

M. Medialis
Diglot
TAC 2010 Winner
Sweden
Joined 6135 days ago

397 posts - 508 votes 
Speaks: Swedish*, English
Studies: Russian, Japanese, French

Message 51 of 162
22 March 2012 at 12:13am | IP Logged 
Woodsei!! I never told you how consistently awestricken I've been while watching you progress this year. 300 hours of language learning during the 6WC.. It's a massive amount of unbelievable fantasticness. You are great! :)

Woodsei wrote:

@M.Medialis: I initially really liked to listen to the opening and closing credits of anime and dramas, so you could say I'm a fan of Japanese pop songs, or J-pop. I enjoy listening to rock music a lot, too (well, not the heavy metal kind) and Japanese rock is also really great. B'z? :) I also like to listen to Japanese folk music, and songs that are similar to Hana no Kusari, music-wise. It's a hauntingly beautiful song. I guess that also falls under the J-pop genre? Anything that has a lot of piano, guitar, and violin has a magical effect on me :) You can say I love to listen to almost any genre of music. I don't really like R'n'B, though, but I think the Japanese do it really well. Better than their Western counterparts :) I still don't listen to it, though, unless it shows up in an anime or a drama I'm watching. What genres do you find most interesting?

Yeah, I also love the songs from Japanese anime and drama and J-pop and anything with beautiful melodies! I also enjoy Japanese video game music, enka and Japanese music from the seventies etc.

Just as you, I enjoy almost all genres, so maybe our Japanese music taste is quite similar? There's something special with Japanese music. A unique magical feeling.

(Oh..And I also have to confess that I have a weak spot for up-tempo girl band J-pop songs. I just can't get enough. Don't tell anyone, ok? ;D   :)

Takato
Tetraglot
HungaryRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 4826 days ago

249 posts - 276 votes 
Speaks: Hungarian*, EnglishB2, GermanB2, Japanese

Message 52 of 162
25 March 2012 at 9:22pm | IP Logged 
Woodsei wrote:
Takato wrote:
Woodsei wrote:
I'm
female

O_O

Although, I'm not exactly sure what you meant after the quote :S

I meant that I always think of everyone as if they all were males. Only then will I even consider thinking of someone as a female when I find out their sex.

Woodsei
Bilingual Diglot
Winner TAC 2012
United States
justpaste.it/Woodsei
Joined 4575 days ago

614 posts - 782 votes 

Message 53 of 162
03 April 2012 at 4:58pm | IP Logged 
@fortheo: Thanks, fortheo! Apologies for the late reply. The Miyazawa stories are just
so beautiful. I was so moved by the end of "Night on the Milky Way." And the narrator
is so good, he does a good job of bringing the stories to life. I almost feel I'm
watching a movie or anime :) I agree it's a great way to break into Harry Potter, which
I'm dying to get around to! Do your best on your end, too!

@M.Medialis: I was awe-stricken by myself too, until my fantasticness took a serious
plunge into la-la-land. Hahaha. Really :) I'm glad I was able to commit so much time to
Japanese and not be sidetracked, but as soon as the 6WC ended, Spring break came round
the corner, family and visits started piling up, and suddenly, I couldn't even look at
Anki :( I even missed the first few days of Tadoku. I was able to get back in line
though halfway through the challenge. I hope I step it up and get back into this
fantasticness called immersion!

I love up-beat J-pop girl band songs. I really do. Well, the cute kind with the baby
voices can get to be a bit too much after a while, although it makes laugh a lot. But
the normal ones, and those bordering on pop-rock, well, I love those. On a sidenote, I
love most of the "Bleach" anime opening and closing songs, too :) Music is amazing :)

@Takato: Oh I get it. No problem whatsoever :) How's your Japanese going?

Woodsei
Bilingual Diglot
Winner TAC 2012
United States
justpaste.it/Woodsei
Joined 4575 days ago

614 posts - 782 votes 

Message 54 of 162
03 April 2012 at 5:09pm | IP Logged 
Wow, I haven't been to the forum in so long, thanks to a lot of school work, family
activities, and other things cropping up like crazy. My Japanese and Russian took a
serious blow for almost 3 weeks, which is really upsetting, considering all the work
I've been putting into them. But I was able to get everything back in some sort of
shape halfway through Tadoku challenge, although not quite as well as before. Well,
I'll be back to posting regularrly again, because I've discovered that looking forward
to my posts and setting goals acts like a motivation boost, which makes me do
something when I start feeling down:) So hopefully my post will be ready to post
by tomorrow, since I'm working on it now.

So my log's not dead at all. Just took an extended nap :)

See you all soon! がんばってね!

Solfrid Cristin
Heptaglot
Winner TAC 2011 & 2012
Norway
Joined 5112 days ago

4143 posts - 8864 votes 
Speaks: Norwegian*, Spanish, Swedish, French, English, German, Italian
Studies: Russian

Message 55 of 162
11 April 2012 at 8:42pm | IP Logged 
Woodsei wrote:
But I was able to get everything back in some sort of
shape halfway through Tadoku challenge, although not quite as well as before.

Silver medal is not exactly failure is it? :-)

Takato
Tetraglot
HungaryRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 4826 days ago

249 posts - 276 votes 
Speaks: Hungarian*, EnglishB2, GermanB2, Japanese

Message 56 of 162
16 April 2012 at 1:10am | IP Logged 
Woodsei wrote:
@Takato: Oh I get it. No problem whatsoever :) How's your Japanese going?

My Japanese is going badly nowadays. I decided to learn the hanzi of the Chinese, they are who invented them after all... So I'm learning Chinese now. I have a notebook for writing hanzi. I'll post a picture about it today in my log.

This discussion contains 162 messages over 21 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 68 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version