United States
teango.wordpress.comRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5338 days ago

2210 posts - 3734 votes 
Speaks: English*, German, Russian
Studies: Hawaiian, French, Toki Pona

Message 41 of 439
12 February 2012 at 10:04pm | IP Logged 
Aye-aye-aye...look what I found today...they've recently released a sequel: О чём ещё говорят мужчины! :P

Edited by Teango on 12 February 2012 at 10:06pm

1 person has voted this message useful

fabriciocarraro
Hexaglot
Winner TAC 2012
Brazil
russoparabrasileirosRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 4497 days ago

989 posts - 1454 votes 
Speaks: Portuguese*, EnglishB2, Italian, Spanish, Russian, French
Studies: Dutch, German, Japanese

Message 42 of 439
13 February 2012 at 6:18pm | IP Logged 
@tarvos Dank je wel, Jorn! Die zijn heel goed websites! Ik weet dat "De Telegraaf" niet zo goed is, maar het leuk is dat het kleine nieuws heeft, en dus het is makkelijker voor mij.
Echter, moet ik meer woorden leren, dus de andere zijn ook goed voor mij!

@Cristina Well, since I'm using English subtitles and learning new vocabulary (also practicing my L-R), I thought that that IS studying. Don't you agree? =)

@Serpent Great idea! I already follow my idol (ahaha) Carice Van Houten and a writer called Kluun. Would you happen to have the players' accounts?

A little update for today!

RUSSIAN:

Kepping up with Russian on the 6WC, I've finished Урок 3 and Урок 4 from my "Русский Язык" by Овсиенко book. What I love the most about it, is that all (or most) the texts are original Russian. That way I can read REAL texts, written with a purpose other than teach you vocabulary, and that makes a big difference! The main text from Урок 4 is a tale written by Александр Астафьев. GREAT tale, by the way. I'l try to type it on our Team Sputnik lounge later today. I'm sure you'll love it! =)
Other than that, I'm struggling again with the new vocabulary given. There are some useless words, but some are important but hard. I must learn some more verbs!

DUTCH:

With Dutch, I did some L-R 2 days ago, with a movie I'd already watched once. It's called "Alles is Liefde", and it's a very light romantic comedy about Christmas. I watched it with Dutch subtitles only, and though it was not easy at all to follow, and I could get less than 20% of it by listening (and mabe 50/60% by reading), I'm satisfied with the job done! I'll try to it again this again, probably with other movie.

My next step is translating the Dutch subtitles for my favorite Dutch film (and now definitely one of my favorites of all time!!!), "Komt Een Vrouw Bij de Dokter". It's based on an "autobiographical" novel about a monofobic man that lives happily with his wife and daughter (and some others girls out of marriage), and suddenly they discover that his wife has cancer, and now he has to deal with it. I must have told it already, but that's the movie I cried the most in my whole life =P
I have its book in Dutch, but it's still impossible for me to read it, since the written language is harder. I think it might be easier with the subtitles, since it's mostly spoken language.

ENGLISH:

Just to innovate, more "How I Met Your Mother" with my wife. =P We've finally finished the 6th Season, and now we're going to follow the current 7th season.
More TV series, "Pan Am", "The Big Bang Theory". I'm really looking forward for HBO's "Game of Thrones"!

ITALIAN:

I watched a match in RAI International: Internazionale x Novara. When I learned Italian, I got very used to football vocabulary, so for me it was (and it is) very easy to understand pretty much everything.

Edited by fabriciocarraro on 13 February 2012 at 6:27pm

fabriciocarraro
Hexaglot
Winner TAC 2012
Brazil
Joined 4497 days ago

989 posts - 1454 votes 

Message 43 of 439
14 February 2012 at 2:53am | IP Logged 
I've just posted the Russian tale that I said about on Team Sputnik's Log! Go check it! =)

Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6379 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds
Speaks: Russian*, English, FinnishC1, Latin, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese
Studies: Danish, Romanian, Polish, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Croatian, Slovenian, Catalan, Czech, Galician, Dutch, Swedish

Message 44 of 439
14 February 2012 at 3:07am | IP Logged 
Well the footballers all follow each other's accounts so you can start with one and find more... usually they don't follow a lot of accounts.
for example here's Van der Vaart: https://twitter.com/#!/rafvdvaart/following

Ohh Italian football :D i LOVE this commentator http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AanCxNbpG10 :DDD ho visto anche il gioco di oggi, sulla rojadirecta (leo napoli). shame so many games were cancelled recently due to snow :S
mas de quais equipes vc gosta? eu tento ver todos os jogos de Benfica (Lisboa), Spartak de Moscovo, Tottenham, Fiorentina, Aalborg (Dinamarca), Vorskla Poltava (Ucrânia). vejo também mais ou menos frequentemente Napoli, Juventus, CSKA e Lokomotiv do Moscovo, Chelsea, Peñarol (Montevideo), Vitória Guimarães (Portugal), Steaua (Roménia) e também o Inter quando Forlán joga *_*

fabriciocarraro
Hexaglot
Winner TAC 2012
Brazil
Joined 4497 days ago

989 posts - 1454 votes 

Message 45 of 439
17 February 2012 at 2:07pm | IP Logged 
@Serpent Thanks Serpent! I'm now following some players such as Van der Vaart, Sneijder, Van der Wiel...and some others =)
No Brasil, eu torço pro melhor de todos, São Paulo F.C. \o/ Na Europa, gosto e torço mesmo por Fiorentina, Barcelona, Manchester United e Ajax, e também gosto muito de Milan, Lazio (por causa do Hernanes, que era jogador do SPFC), Benfica...=) Adoro o Forlan também, mas não gosto da Inter =P

So guys, one more quick update! I'm excited because of yesterday!

RUSSIAN:

So, yesterday I had a GREAT confidence booster! My wife and her girlfriends organized a surprise b-day party for one of the girls, and we all went to her house before she came back from work. Her daughter and parents were at the house, so we've had no trouble sneaking in. It was really nice to see her face as she came in and saw all of us there.
Anyway, as the party continued, one of the Brazilian husbands and I left the Brazilian male group and went to talk with the girl's father. He is Armenian, but moved to Moscow after coming back from the army (and his daughter was born already in Moscow). Anyway, since her father doesn't speak Portuguese, and I was the only one who "could speak" a little Russian, the 3 of us stood there talking for almost 1 hour and almost always in Russian! I was their translator when they were talking to each other, or when the father wanted to tell a story to us both, and I've also talked to him for some time.
At first I was a little nervous, but after 3 beers everything went smoothly =P He's a very interesting and funny man, so that's made me more comfortable. He's a War Veteran from the Afghanistan war and he speaks Armenian, Azerbaijani, Russian, Georgian and a few words in Portuguese and English.
Well, I'm just very happy and excited that I could have such a long conversation, even though I didn't understand every single word, but I've got about 80% of it, and the best thing is that I could answer without babbling and making few mistakes! Yay for me! =D

In addition to that, I've done the main text from Урок 5 from my "Русский Язык" by Овсиенко book, and today I'm planning to finish the whole lesson. This last text was very hard to get, since there were some alien expressions to me. Reviewing all lessons is a must!

DUTCH:

I've watched the "Making of" of my favorite Dutch movie "Komt Een Vrouw Bij de Dokter", the one I've told you guys about already. I noticed that I CAN'T understand spoken Dutch yet at all! The whole thing was without subtitles, so I tried hard to pay attention when listening, but all I could get was a word every now and then. If I've understood 20% of it, it's already too much.

EDIT: I almost forgot! Do you guys remember that Russian tale I sent to Team Sputnik's Log some days ago? Last wednesday I tried a different approach. I've translated it from RUSSIAN to DUTCH and put it on a Dutch forum to be corrected. Of course I've made many mistakes, but overall I'm really happy about it! It was a very nice and useful learning experience, since I had to think in Russian, Dutch and also English and Portuguese to help translating. Needless to say that Google Translate was a great help with words like "blizzard", "wooden", "surface", etc.
Since language learning is about making connections inside your brain, that was a great way of doing it! =)

ENGLISH:

More "How I Met Your Mother" with my wife! We're already finishing all the episodes released from 7th Season, and from next week on we're gonna follow the show weekly.
Also, I've watched "The Big Bang Theory" (I was very late on that one, so I watched like 4 in a row).

Edited by fabriciocarraro on 17 February 2012 at 5:49pm

Teango
Triglot
Winner TAC 2010 & 2012
United States
teango.wordpress.comRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5338 days ago

2210 posts - 3734 votes 
Speaks: English*, German, Russian
Studies: Hawaiian, French, Toki Pona

Message 46 of 439
17 February 2012 at 2:53pm | IP Logged 
An hour of Russian conversation - fantastic! :)

Edited by Teango on 17 February 2012 at 2:54pm

Solfrid Cristin
Heptaglot
Winner TAC 2011 & 2012
Norway
Joined 5116 days ago

4143 posts - 8864 votes 
Speaks: Norwegian*, Spanish, Swedish, French, English, German, Italian
Studies: Russian

Message 47 of 439
17 February 2012 at 11:36pm | IP Logged 
Wow! I am so envious! And really, really happy for you!!

fabriciocarraro
Hexaglot
Winner TAC 2012
Brazil
Joined 4497 days ago

989 posts - 1454 votes 

Message 48 of 439
18 February 2012 at 3:59am | IP Logged 
Thanks for the lovely support, fellows @Teango and @Cristina! =)

This discussion contains 439 messages over 55 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 57 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version