Canada
bit.ly/qc_10_lec
Joined 5140 days ago

3971 posts - 7747 votes 
Speaks: English, French*, GermanC1, Spanish, Japanese, Esperanto
Studies: Italian, Norwegian, Mandarin, Romanian, Estonian

Message 9 of 31
06 January 2012 at 9:39pm | IP Logged 
Mi gxojas, ke vi decidis partopreni en la nia grupo, Torbyrne! Kore bonvenon!
1 person has voted this message useful

Sprachprofi
Nonaglot
Germany
learnlangs.comRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 6229 days ago

2608 posts - 4866 votes 
Speaks: German*, English, French, Esperanto, Greek, Mandarin, Latin, Dutch, Italian
Studies: Spanish, Arabic (Written), Swahili, Indonesian, Japanese, Modern Hebrew, Portuguese

Message 10 of 31
07 January 2012 at 10:42am | IP Logged 
Mi ĵus ĝisdatigis la unuan mesaĝon por reflekti ke ni havas du pliajn teamanojn. Mi
ĝojegas!

Kiel komenciĝis viaj studoj ĉi-jare? Mi fakte ne multon faris, ĉar mi malsanetas. Mi nur
iomete prilaboris la svahilan. Tamen mi devus legi ĉine, mi malpripensante aliĝis al la
januara Tadoku defio...

Sprachprofi
Nonaglot
Germany
Joined 6229 days ago

2608 posts - 4866 votes 
Speaks: German*, English, French, Esperanto, Greek, Mandarin, Latin, Dutch, Italian
Studies: Spanish, Arabic (Written), Swahili, Indonesian, Japanese, Modern Hebrew, Portuguese

Message 11 of 31
09 January 2012 at 12:43am | IP Logged 
Nun finfine pretas mia video pri la svahila. Estas bona enkonduko mi pensas, ĉefe por
lingvemuloj. La video baziĝas sur kurseto kiun mi instruis dum esperanto-aranĝo.
Provu: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ye693UX0WG4

ReneeMona
Diglot
Netherlands
Joined 5094 days ago

864 posts - 1274 votes 
Speaks: Dutch*, EnglishC2
Studies: French

Message 12 of 31
09 January 2012 at 2:14pm | IP Logged 
Bonvenon Doviende kaj Tornbyrne, mi ĝojas vin havi en nia teamo!

Chung
Diglot
Joined 6915 days ago

4228 posts - 8259 votes 
20 sounds
Speaks: English*, French
Studies: Polish, Slovak, Uzbek, Turkish, Korean, Finnish

Message 13 of 31
04 March 2012 at 3:14am | IP Logged 
*cue start of Public Service Announcement*

I recently stumbled upon a big collection of resources (videos, transcripts, learning plans) from Five Colleges (Amherst College, Hampshire College, Mount Holyoke College, Smith College, and the University of Massachusetts Amherst) that was just too good to keep in relative anonymity in my log or the "Links and Resources" sub-forum. I think that the links could be handy for any of you want some practice with L-R or to see and hear the language as used in basic situations (certainly more focused than looking on YouTube)

For your purposes, here are the links to the material in Swahili
*cue end of Public Service Announcement*
2 persons have voted this message useful

Sprachprofi
Nonaglot
Germany
Joined 6229 days ago

2608 posts - 4866 votes 

Message 14 of 31
04 March 2012 at 12:28pm | IP Logged 
Thank you so much!

2 Month Update
So, dear team mates, what have you done since the beginning of the year and what are
your plans for the next month or so?

My top languages time-wise have been:

1. French. I have done a lot of writing in French in order to fix persistent mistakes
and improve my style. Arekkusu has helped me a lot there and also with tilting my
French towards Québécois. In addition to writing, I have done a fair amount of reading
and speaking in French. This week I'm expecting a Couchsurfer from Québec, so I'm
hoping to get even more speaking practise in.

2. Greek. Due to working on GreekPod101, I have also had the opportunity to review a
lot of Greek and to speak it with my coworkers. I am happy that it won't be forgotten.

3. Finnish. I did 35 hours of Finnish in February for the Accelerated Challenge. Most
of this was spent on either Assimil or vocabulary; the exact breakdown can be seen at
http://6wc.learnlangs.com/stats/user/Junesun/tags. I found the written exams
challenging but not impossible; we'll see what the results are.

Coming up: I'm planning to do more for Chinese and Swahili now, while keeping
French at a similar level as before. Because of work, I will also be reviewing my
Dutch.
3 persons have voted this message useful

Arekkusu
Hexaglot
Canada
bit.ly/qc_10_lec
Joined 5140 days ago

3971 posts - 7747 votes 
Speaks: English, French*, GermanC1, Spanish, Japanese, Esperanto
Studies: Italian, Norwegian, Mandarin, Romanian, Estonian

Message 15 of 31
05 March 2012 at 6:30pm | IP Logged 
My turn to provide a 2-month update!

After a relaxed January devoted mostly to Japanese (including a bit of translation into Japanese for a newsletter and 10.5 hours of oral practice with partners), a bit of German practice thanks to Sprachprofi and a very brief incursion into Swahili (2-3 hours at most), February was spent mostly working on Finnish (32 hours) and some Japanese (another 10.5 hours with partners). February was an extremely busy month as I also spent a considerable amount of time creating language lessons (podcasts and québécois lessons), on top of all the studying (and a full-time job, and a few tutoring sessions…).

Now that the Accelerated Finnish Challenge is over, I’m hoping to go back to my beloved Japanese, which I haven’t been concentrating on of late. My focus will be on improving sophistication, increasing academic vocabulary and gaining better control over politeness levels. I also hope to read more Japanese, something I don’t do enough of. In the long run, I wouldn’t mind creating some videos either covering Japanese pronunciation, or else English or French pronunciation for Japanese speakers. We’ll have to see…
3 persons have voted this message useful

Torbyrne
Super Polyglot
Macedonia
SpeakingFluently.com
Joined 5854 days ago

126 posts - 721 votes 
Speaks: French, English*, German, Spanish, Dutch, Macedonian, Portuguese, Italian, Swedish, Czech, Catalan, Welsh, Serbo-Croatian
Studies: Sign Language, Toki Pona, Albanian, Polish, Bulgarian, TurkishA1, Esperanto, Romanian, Danish, Mandarin, Icelandic, Modern Hebrew, Greek, Latvian, Estonian

Message 16 of 31
14 March 2012 at 10:37pm | IP Logged 
January and February were a bit of a haze for me I am afraid. We were plagued with bacteria and viruses at home, which seemed to hold me back from really tackling any new languages properly. However, my Turkish studies continue and they are going well. We are now less than a month away from sitting the A2 exam.

I have just launched a poll on my Facebook page to see which language people think I should try out for Pimsleur. The options I gave were Dari, Farsi, Hungarian, Japanese, Korean, Tagalog and Thai. I will go with what comes out of that poll for a month. SImply putting in a big effort with a new language with Turkish still running is tight for me time-wise.

The summer will be my time to do some proper month-long challenges.

2 persons have voted this message useful

This discussion contains 31 messages over 4 pages: << Prev 13 4  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version