Tetraglot
Switzerland
Joined 6217 days ago

4474 posts - 6726 votes 
Speaks: English*, Esperanto, German, Italian
Studies: French, Finnish, Mandarin, Japanese

Message 17 of 31
10 May 2012 at 12:33pm | IP Logged 
A short update: I'm participating in the May 6wc and the 20-month super challenge. It's off to a good start: I'm in first place in both, having done more than 50 hours so far. I'm more than 1/3rd done with the movie portion of my Japanese superchallenge.

Here's to everyone else in the team doing well!

2 persons have voted this message useful

Sprachprofi
Nonaglot
Germany
learnlangs.comRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 6248 days ago

2608 posts - 4866 votes 
Speaks: German*, English, French, Esperanto, Greek, Mandarin, Latin, Dutch, Italian
Studies: Spanish, Arabic (Written), Swahili, Indonesian, Japanese, Modern Hebrew, Portuguese

Message 18 of 31
16 May 2012 at 11:37am | IP Logged 
I'm not doing so well. Ever since I accepted a full-time programming project at Wooga, I
barely have the mental energy to do anything after work. From being 20+ hours ahead of
last year in March, I'm now more than 60 hours in the minus. :-(

My present focus languages are Indonesian (just for fun 6wc) and Chinese (serious Super
Challenge). I'd also like to find Italian, Dutch, Greek etc. speakers on Skype in order
to have a language exchange and improve my accent; I've come to the conclusion that it's
not satisfactory for me right now.
1 person has voted this message useful

tarvos
Super Polyglot
Winner TAC 2012
China
likeapolyglot.wordpr
Joined 4485 days ago

5310 posts - 9399 votes 
Speaks: Dutch*, English, Swedish, French, Russian, German, Italian, Norwegian, Mandarin, Romanian, Afrikaans
Studies: Greek, Modern Hebrew, Spanish, Portuguese, Czech, Korean, Esperanto, Finnish

Message 19 of 31
16 May 2012 at 11:40am | IP Logged 
If you need a Dutch speaker, you should give me a call!

Sprachprofi
Nonaglot
Germany
Joined 6248 days ago

2608 posts - 4866 votes 
Speaks: German*, English, French, Esperanto, Greek, Mandarin, Latin, Dutch, Italian
Studies: Spanish, Arabic (Written), Swahili, Indonesian, Japanese, Modern Hebrew, Portuguese

Message 20 of 31
16 May 2012 at 5:41pm | IP Logged 
I may well pick you up on that offer, and I'll be happy to help you in turn. What's your
Skype name?

tarvos
Super Polyglot
Winner TAC 2012
China
likeapolyglot.wordpr
Joined 4485 days ago

5310 posts - 9399 votes 
Speaks: Dutch*, English, Swedish, French, Russian, German, Italian, Norwegian, Mandarin, Romanian, Afrikaans
Studies: Greek, Modern Hebrew, Spanish, Portuguese, Czech, Korean, Esperanto, Finnish

Message 21 of 31
16 May 2012 at 9:03pm | IP Logged 
I'll PM you with it, hold on :)

edit: because your PM inbox is apparently full, I'll add it here:

jornvanschaik :)

Edited by tarvos on 16 May 2012 at 9:10pm

Torbyrne
Super Polyglot
Macedonia
SpeakingFluently.com
Joined 5873 days ago

126 posts - 721 votes 
Speaks: French, English*, German, Spanish, Dutch, Macedonian, Portuguese, Italian, Swedish, Czech, Catalan, Welsh, Serbo-Croatian
Studies: Sign Language, Toki Pona, Albanian, Polish, Bulgarian, TurkishA1, Esperanto, Romanian, Danish, Mandarin, Icelandic, Modern Hebrew, Greek, Latvian, Estonian

Message 22 of 31
26 May 2012 at 4:19pm | IP Logged 
I managed to complete my Hungarian Pimsleur challenge and posted a video on my YouTube channel to
show the basic level I managed after it. At the moment I am a quarter of the way through the B1 course for
Turksh and I am preparing for my time in Poland again this summer. I will go through my A1 and A2 material
again and do some B1 work before I land there. The hope is to get to B1/B2 in Polish by the end of my time
there.

I am looking to bring my Hebrew from an A1 to a solid A2 also. The aim is to start using it in the autumn with
my Hebrew-speaking friends. I will be starting some new studies in the autumn with Dalarna/Malmö
University. I have not confirmed which course(s) to follow yet.

I'd like to make a start on Icelandic again for the Esperanto conference in Reykjavik next year. Any other
short term challenges on the cards with anyone else on team Ne Nur?

Sprachprofi
Nonaglot
Germany
Joined 6248 days ago

2608 posts - 4866 votes 

Message 23 of 31
01 June 2012 at 9:21pm | IP Logged 
Quote:
I'd like to make a start on Icelandic again for the Esperanto conference in
Reykjavik next year.

Any chance that you'll come to the JES in Germany? December 27th to January 3rd, 200-
300 people, very international, lots of concerts and an awesome atmosphere. I will
definitely attend because I joined the organization team for this year. With doviende
thinking of attending, Volte not too far from it and ellasevia in Europe this year,
too, maybe we can even have a "Ne Nur" team meet-up.

Quote:
Any other short term challenges on the cards with anyone else on team Ne Nur?

Right now I'm too busy at work, but I'm planning to intensively tackle Japanese (with a
focus on listening comprehension) later this year, for the August 6WC by the latest.
I'm not sure yet what I'll do for the other 6 Week Challenges. Meanwhile I'm focussed
on Chinese (Super Challenge) and French reading. Do you ever do a reading challenge
like the Tadoku?

Torbyrne
Super Polyglot
Macedonia
SpeakingFluently.com
Joined 5873 days ago

126 posts - 721 votes 
Speaks: French, English*, German, Spanish, Dutch, Macedonian, Portuguese, Italian, Swedish, Czech, Catalan, Welsh, Serbo-Croatian
Studies: Sign Language, Toki Pona, Albanian, Polish, Bulgarian, TurkishA1, Esperanto, Romanian, Danish, Mandarin, Icelandic, Modern Hebrew, Greek, Latvian, Estonian

Message 24 of 31
02 June 2012 at 2:07pm | IP Logged 
Sprachprofi wrote:
Quote:
I'd like to make a start on Icelandic again for the Esperanto conference in
Reykjavik next year.

Any chance that you'll come to the JES in Germany? December 27th to January 3rd, 200-
300 people, very international, lots of concerts and an awesome atmosphere. I will
definitely attend because I joined the organization team for this year. With doviende
thinking of attending, Volte not too far from it and ellasevia in Europe this year,
too, maybe we can even have a "Ne Nur" team meet-up.

Quote:
Any other short term challenges on the cards with anyone else on team Ne Nur?

Right now I'm too busy at work, but I'm planning to intensively tackle Japanese (with a
focus on listening comprehension) later this year, for the August 6WC by the latest.
I'm not sure yet what I'll do for the other 6 Week Challenges. Meanwhile I'm focussed
on Chinese (Super Challenge) and French reading. Do you ever do a reading challenge
like the Tadoku?

I'd love to be able to make it in December, but it would be pretty much impossible as it is in the middle of UK
and Macedonian holidays, so I need to be with my family. I would be very happy to meet in Berlin over the
summer though, if you can make it. I will be in Poland again, so not too far away. Would be lovely to meet
up. Do send me a PM, if you are interested.

This discussion contains 31 messages over 4 pages: << Prev 1 24  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version