Triglot
Czech RepublicRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 4419 days ago

15 posts - 18 votes
Speaks: Czech*, Slovak, EnglishC1
Studies: Polish, Latin, FrenchB2, Persian, Italian

Message 9 of 11
09 April 2012 at 4:57am | IP Logged 
I am the third to thank you for mentioning StudyStre.am! I've just joined the Romantics and I am also taking off in Italian (using Routledge's Colloquial Italian and Vocabulearn). Hope to share some ideas in the future. Keep the ball rolling! ;)
1 person has voted this message useful

tw561
United States
Joined 4533 days ago

26 posts - 28 votes
Speaks: English*
Studies: Spanish, Italian

Message 10 of 11
09 April 2012 at 4:44pm | IP Logged 
I'm glad I can help! Let me know how Routledge works!

As for an update for myself: I am still practicing Italian daily, along with reviewing
my Spanish skills. I am currently using Italian Now, which is a FABULOUS cd/book combo.
It really helps so much. I highly recommend purchasing this.

I also recently bought Living Italian from Living Languages. It's supposed to come in
the mail today. I will give you all an update when I start using it.

tw561
United States
Joined 4533 days ago

26 posts - 28 votes
Speaks: English*
Studies: Spanish, Italian

Message 11 of 11
01 June 2012 at 5:52pm | IP Logged 
I just wanted to give you all a quick update!

My Italian has become very, very good. I think with my background in Spanish it has helped so much. Although my pronunciation is not the best, I can read/translate fairly complex sentences! In fact, I actually read the first few pages of the first Harry Potter book in Italian (be warned - the verb tenses on the first page are very advanced!). I would probably classify myself as an advanced beginner in Italian right now.

The Living Language Complete set has been helpful, but I don't find it essential to my studies. Maybe if I were just starting off it would be more beneficial, but for now it is collecting dust.

I am also still using Studystre.am! I hope this site stays available FOREVER. It is so incredibly helpful.

This discussion contains 11 messages over 2 pages: << Prev 1

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version