Video Resources for German

Language Learning Forum : Specific Languages Post Reply
Sprachprofi
Nonaglot
Germany
learnlangs.comRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 6268 days ago

2608 posts - 4866 votes 
Speaks: German*, English, French, Esperanto, Greek, Mandarin, Latin, Dutch, Italian
Studies: Spanish, Arabic (Written), Swahili, Indonesian, Japanese, Modern Hebrew, Portuguese

Message 1 of 4
15 January 2012 at 6:59pm | IP Logged 
I just created a long list of full-length online TV programs by genre, hoping that
foreign students of German will be able to find something that truly interests them, so
that they get addicted to studying German through video ;-) As these are programs
intended for native speakers, they are not suitable for beginners, though intermediate
students could give it a try, especially the more visual programs.

http://www.learnlangs.com/blog/2012/01/15/improve-your-germa n-through-videos/

Germans, am I missing anything really good? I don't watch much TV these days...
8 persons have voted this message useful

Kyle Corrie
United States
Joined 4627 days ago

175 posts - 464 votes 

Message 2 of 4
15 January 2012 at 7:47pm | IP Logged 
It seems like a long list of what an older generation would find funny or interesting
or at least what an older generation would think a younger generation would find funny
or interesting.

'Stromberg' would have to be the funniest show I've encountered in German. Even if
you're not able to comprehend everything that is said, it is still able to hold your
attention.

If you simply want exposure to the spoken word then a single link to
http://www.myspass.de will expose you to a smorgasbord of different show.

'Elton reist' is pretty funny.

'Lady Kracher' has the benefit of being a sketch comedy show with scenes only a few
minutes in length which help cover a wide variety topics.

'TV Total' is a fairly entertaining show similar to our late night shows with Conan
O'brien or Jay Leno.

Nonetheless, with that one link anyone should be able to find something they like.
1 person has voted this message useful

Sprachprofi
Nonaglot
Germany
learnlangs.comRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 6268 days ago

2608 posts - 4866 votes 
Speaks: German*, English, French, Esperanto, Greek, Mandarin, Latin, Dutch, Italian
Studies: Spanish, Arabic (Written), Swahili, Indonesian, Japanese, Modern Hebrew, Portuguese

Message 3 of 4
15 January 2012 at 8:18pm | IP Logged 
I'm not the "older generation". The selection is such because I had to take most of the
programs from public TV stations - the private stations don't usually offer legal full
episodes online, only snippets. If you know of legal sources for the programs you
mentioned, I'll gladly add them to the list. It's a work in progress.

Flarioca
Heptaglot
Brazil
Joined 5680 days ago

635 posts - 816 votes 
Speaks: Portuguese*, Esperanto, French, EnglishC2, Spanish, German, Italian
Studies: Catalan, Mandarin

Message 4 of 4
15 January 2012 at 10:55pm | IP Logged 
Danke vielmals, Sprachprofi! I hope you don't mind if I advertise your list on our TAC 2012 German Team Thread.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version