Joined 4926 days ago

3335 posts - 4349 votes 
Speaks: Portuguese*, Norwegian, French, English, Italian, Papiamento
Studies: Mandarin, Georgian, Russian

Message 585 of 758
06 February 2013 at 6:53pm | IP Logged 
Radio Free Europe

Radio Tavisufleba

Text doesn't match exactly, but you'll know what is all about. There's Radio Tavisufleba with news about Georgian and its neigbourings and a little less coverage on the rest of the world, and there is Radio Free Europe in English. It's easier to find matching news items at both sites if you select only news about Georgia at Radio Free Europe's site, then check for the same picture at the Georgian version.
2 persons have voted this message useful

Expugnator
Hexaglot
Brazil
Joined 4926 days ago

3335 posts - 4349 votes 

Message 586 of 758
06 February 2013 at 7:35pm | IP Logged 
I felt an unexplainable feeling for reviewing Lehrbuch der Georgischen Sprache. Context is different: I've learned most grammar from other sources; I'm more familiar with the vocabulary; my German has improved; I can open Georgian and German texts simultaneously, therefore I can translate thingd quickier. So, it might end up being appropriate to go through it once again the way I did with Beginner's Georgian. After all, it's still a more interesting book than Hewitt's, even with those final texts on Georgian History (which I read about at Aronson's book likewise).
1 person has voted this message useful

Expugnator
Hexaglot
Brazil
Joined 4926 days ago

3335 posts - 4349 votes 

Message 587 of 758
07 February 2013 at 7:43pm | IP Logged 
დღეს მე პირველად ვილაპარაკე ქართულად!
ეს იყო Skypeზე
ბევრი ვერ გავიგე, მაგრამ მართლად ბევრი ვისწავლე. მინდა ბევრჯერ ვილაპარაკო ქართულს Skypeზე .

zecchino1991
United States
facebook.com/amyybur
Joined 5018 days ago

778 posts - 885 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Italian, Modern Hebrew, Russian, Arabic (Written), Romanian, Icelandic, Georgian

Message 588 of 758
07 February 2013 at 7:59pm | IP Logged 
ყოჩაღ! :D

Expugnator
Hexaglot
Brazil
Joined 4926 days ago

3335 posts - 4349 votes 

Message 589 of 758
13 February 2013 at 4:11pm | IP Logged 
I didn't study for the past days as it was Carnival and I wasn't at work (just like today
but there's no partying for today). I did read one or two pages from ACC's grammar. It's
really difficult to absorb everything! The grammar is really abridged only to the
essential, which helps wonders. Even so, I had better only read one or two topics a day
so that I can retain something.

I've been looking at Natadze's book and it consists of 40 lessons. I'm sure it will be a
pretty much comprehensive textbook, a real textbook unlike Aronson's or Hewitt's or even
Tschenkéli's which are mostly grammars.

Expugnator
Hexaglot
Brazil
Joined 4926 days ago

3335 posts - 4349 votes 

Message 590 of 758
14 February 2013 at 6:57pm | IP Logged 
I'm still progressing slowly at the grammar reference at ACC. I'm sure I won't memorize those intricacies about vowel alternations in throughout present, aorist and perfect. I just want to leave this underlying for when I meet up the subject again in other textbooks.

As for Tschenkéli's book, the exercise was about preverbs. Most of them had directional meaning after all, so, nothing to worry about. It could be worse if we had for each verb a series of 8 preverbs, each covering a whole different meaning. This usually happens only for two or three of the preverbs, though.

I think I'm learning more consistently from these books than from those I tried when I was a beginner. The brain kinda gets used to filtering and hierarchizing the information. Still, I'm hungry for more!

Expugnator
Hexaglot
Brazil
Joined 4926 days ago

3335 posts - 4349 votes 

Message 591 of 758
15 February 2013 at 5:22pm | IP Logged 
Time for an easier lesson about the imperfect. It didn't give me much trouble, not even with the German. I also got the confirmation that the form ვიყავი is indeed aorist which is used as imperfect (that is, regardless of aspect) and not the other way round.

One thing to bear in mind is that the directional intransitive verbs, unlike the verb ყოფნა, do have a separate imperfect form, even though I notice it much less often than the aorist (just like you say more often "fui" than "ia" in Portuguese):

მოვდიოდი and so on.

Last might I had a language dream. I'll try to summarize it in English and post it at one of my logs.

Expugnator
Hexaglot
Brazil
Joined 4926 days ago

3335 posts - 4349 votes 

Message 592 of 758
18 February 2013 at 6:45pm | IP Logged 
Good news for the Georgian learning!! Thanks to Tixhiidon, I got to know the online library Saba ! I also decided to try again lit.ge , and I realized it has an iPad app now!

So, I bought one book from Zaza BurculaZe at Saba and a few ones from lit.ge, including an athology of 2006-2007's chronicles, Alice in Wonderland in Georgian and the book Maktub from Paulo Coelho in Georgian. Now I have more than enough reading resources for the day I finally decide to start reading! (I'm only afraid that it will take much longer because I want to do so much textbook studying!).

I had no problem with paying with my card at either of the libraries. I understood lit.ge's system where you first cash in an amount of lari and then start spending it on your books. I practiced a lot of my Georgian by trying to sign up, pay (!!!) and download books.

=====

As for daily learning, I read a bit more of tricky/overwhelming pages on irregular verbs at ACC. I also did good exercises at Tschenkéli's books. I'm not having much trouble understanding the vocabulary behind the sentences. Anki is helping at this respect. Now it's basically about finishing ACC to be able to start with the one in Russian.

This discussion contains 758 messages over 95 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version