Triglot
United States
Joined 4582 days ago

581 posts - 977 votes 
Speaks: English*, Hawaiian, Tagalog
Studies: Spanish

Message 1 of 3
17 January 2012 at 9:54pm | IP Logged 
I'm working through Spanish with Ease. I have Using Spanish. I'm about to start the active wave of Spanish with Ease. While I go through the active wave, I will be completing the passive wave of the rest of Spanish with ease. When I have finished all of the passive wave, I will still have lessons 50-109 to complete in the active wave. Should I complete the active wave in Spanish with Ease before starting the passive wave in Using Spanish, or should I continue on with the passive wave into Using Spanish?
steve
1 person has voted this message useful

dbag
United Kingdom
Joined 4839 days ago

605 posts - 1046 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Spanish

Message 2 of 3
17 January 2012 at 10:18pm | IP Logged 
Depends on how comfortable you feel with the material in "with ease" really. There are people on the forum who have done as you suggest, and its worked for them.

There is a big jump in difficulty between the 2 books though, so I reckon a lot of people, like myself, would need to do a lot of additional work with "with ease" after completing the additional active wave.

July
Diglot
Spain
Joined 5090 days ago

113 posts - 208 votes 
Speaks: English*, SpanishB2
Studies: French

Message 3 of 3
17 January 2012 at 10:54pm | IP Logged 
Yes - it really depends on how you feel when studying the first few lessons of Using
Spanish. Personally, straight after With Ease, Using was difficult for me (especially
because of the lousy translation job from French to English) and so I never really
studied the second book, but two years later and now that I don't need to read the
translation, I'm planning to go back to it again!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version