Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 4810 days ago

498 posts - 905 votes 
Speaks: Russian*, English
Studies: Spanish, Greek, Azerbaijani

Message 9 of 110
13 March 2012 at 3:41pm | IP Logged 
I signed up with French and Portuguese, but I think I will end up doing only (or mostly) Portuguese. It's nice to
know I got some competition! I was expecting to get the highest score for Pt simply because no one else
signed up for it. :)

Edited by espejismo on 13 March 2012 at 3:56pm

1 person has voted this message useful

Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6356 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds
Speaks: Russian*, English, FinnishC1, Latin, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese
Studies: Danish, Romanian, Polish, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Croatian, Slovenian, Catalan, Czech, Galician, Dutch, Swedish

Message 10 of 110
13 March 2012 at 9:15pm | IP Logged 
Sprachprofi wrote:
Anyone should try this! Actually, the Tadoku is what made me create a 6 Week Challenge Twitter bot.
Thought so:) Yours is so much cooler though! <3

Huhh, the 6WC is over here. did the reading speed-enhancing exercises today, ouch my eyes were sore and tired.

Solfrid Cristin
Heptaglot
Winner TAC 2011 & 2012
Norway
Joined 5093 days ago

4143 posts - 8864 votes 
Speaks: Norwegian*, Spanish, Swedish, French, English, German, Italian
Studies: Russian

Message 11 of 110
13 March 2012 at 9:44pm | IP Logged 
Serpent wrote:

Huhh, the 6WC is over here. did the reading speed-enhancing exercises today, ouch my eyes were sore and tired.

We still have a little over two hours here, but yes, sore eyes are absolutely an issue by now.
2 persons have voted this message useful

Solfrid Cristin
Heptaglot
Winner TAC 2011 & 2012
Norway
Joined 5093 days ago

4143 posts - 8864 votes 

Message 12 of 110
14 March 2012 at 7:53am | IP Logged 
So I still have sore eyes, a sore throat and a head ache. And there was not even any alcohol involved :-)
As for Tadoku languages I think I' ll go for German, Russian and Italian. I know I listed Italian as advanced
fluency when I signed up for HTLAL two years ago, but over the last year I have realized that I am nowhere
near as good as I used to be. I am usually a super fast reader, but when I last read an Italian book I
realized thar you can say a lot about my Italian reading, but super fast it is not. So I think I'll change it to
basic fluency and enter with it as my third language. Since German is a focus language, and Italian is not, I
will set my own rule that I must read 1000 pages German before I can read any Italian. And you have
convinced me that I could enter with Russian, Serpent! I really, really need to improve my Russian reading
as it is abysmal, and since it is possible to enter with sentences too, I' ll do that.

I just need to recover from the last challenge first :-)
2 persons have voted this message useful

drsarvo
Diglot
Mexico
Joined 4471 days ago

143 posts - 149 votes 
Speaks: Spanish*, English

Message 13 of 110
14 March 2012 at 7:32pm | IP Logged 
I'll sign up for Russian, which is my primary goal, and German and French, I think wikipedia pages would be useful for this purpose.

Solfrid Cristin
Heptaglot
Winner TAC 2011 & 2012
Norway
Joined 5093 days ago

4143 posts - 8864 votes 

Message 14 of 110
14 March 2012 at 10:13pm | IP Logged 
HELP! I signed up for the Tadoku bot, and got the answer that I was in. For some reason the languages I registred did not register (German, Russian and Italian)- so I deleted the post, and tried to register again - but was told I had already registred. Can someone help me?

Sprachprofi
Nonaglot
Germany
learnlangs.comRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 6229 days ago

2608 posts - 4866 votes 
Speaks: German*, English, French, Esperanto, Greek, Mandarin, Latin, Dutch, Italian
Studies: Spanish, Arabic (Written), Swahili, Indonesian, Japanese, Modern Hebrew, Portuguese

Message 15 of 110
14 March 2012 at 10:20pm | IP Logged 
Solfrid Cristin wrote:
HELP! I signed up for the Tadoku bot, and got the answer that I
was in. For some reason the languages I registred did not register (German, Russian and
Italian)- so I deleted the post, and tried to register again - but was told I had already
registred. Can someone help me?

Afaik there is no programmed unregistering functionality for the bot. Write a Twitter
message to @LordSilent to have him fix it.

Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6356 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds
Speaks: Russian*, English, FinnishC1, Latin, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese
Studies: Danish, Romanian, Polish, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Croatian, Slovenian, Catalan, Czech, Galician, Dutch, Swedish

Message 16 of 110
18 March 2012 at 11:09pm | IP Logged 
If anyone still has questions about how to count pages, see this post :)

This discussion contains 110 messages over 14 pages: << Prev 13 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version