Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 4833 days ago

498 posts - 905 votes 
Speaks: Russian*, English
Studies: Spanish, Greek, Azerbaijani

Message 49 of 110
31 December 2012 at 10:32am | IP Logged 
A new, cryptic post appeared just now on the Tadoku blog.
I wonder when will the contest start? Does it usually start in the beginning of the month?
1 person has voted this message useful

Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6379 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds
Speaks: Russian*, English, FinnishC1, Latin, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese
Studies: Danish, Romanian, Polish, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Croatian, Slovenian, Catalan, Czech, Galician, Dutch, Swedish

Message 50 of 110
31 December 2012 at 10:56am | IP Logged 
Yes, the full rounds always start at midnight...
But they've been testing it and the bot is failing with the ranking half the time.

I don't think we're missing anything interesting, especially those of us that don't study Japanese :D

Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6379 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds
Speaks: Russian*, English, FinnishC1, Latin, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese
Studies: Danish, Romanian, Polish, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Croatian, Slovenian, Catalan, Czech, Galician, Dutch, Swedish

Message 51 of 110
31 December 2012 at 1:17pm | IP Logged 
The registration is up!!!
The new site is http://readmod.com/

gaaah still deciding between Portuguese and German...............

Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6379 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds

Message 52 of 110
31 December 2012 at 2:14pm | IP Logged 
OK, I chose German. Along with Polish and Italian. I'm doing quite well in Portuguese anyway... And although my exam preparation will probably be quick and intense, as I'll focus on Polish before Poland and will only have some 3-4 days when i'm back, the exam is technically in the middle of the month so yeah...

The timezone is important. Set it on twitter. You may want to set it for the timezone of your LAST day of Tadoku. I'll be in Vitebsk but I saw this too late. There's a new entry in the good old Tadoku blog: http://http://readmod.wordpress.com/2012/12/31/the-return-of -tadoku/

Solfrid Cristin
Heptaglot
Winner TAC 2011 & 2012
Norway
Joined 5116 days ago

4143 posts - 8864 votes 
Speaks: Norwegian*, Spanish, Swedish, French, English, German, Italian
Studies: Russian

Message 53 of 110
31 December 2012 at 2:20pm | IP Logged 
I think I'll do Russian, German and Italian - or possibly French, if you are absolutely 100% certain that there is no B1 limit, Serpent. I do not want to cheat. It would be great to do some more reading for my Advanced Super Challenge in French, I still have about 190 books to read...

Edit: It won't let me register, saying I must define the time zone, but I looked at my settings, and it says GMT+1 (Amsterdam) but it still will not let me inn. Any suggestions?

2nd Edit. It worked! I am officially from the Netherlands according to my Twitter account now, because Norway was not an option I could chose, but when I changed that particular setting it let me in!

And I am taking my chances with French, and have registered with Russian, Italian and French, and am praying that Serpent is right about the lack of B1 requirement.

Edited by Solfrid Cristin on 31 December 2012 at 2:43pm

Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6379 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds

Message 54 of 110
31 December 2012 at 5:46pm | IP Logged 
The Tadoku guy has confirmed there's no B1 requirement. It's just invading all challenges :D
competing with you in Italian will be fun! :DDD

Edited by Serpent on 31 December 2012 at 5:47pm

Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6379 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds

Message 55 of 110
01 January 2013 at 1:41am | IP Logged 
I just thought I was going through a hard test - the tadoku site appeared to be failing, and i thought I had to register again and I didn't have the heart to pick German. I even made sure I could find The Three Comrades in Polish online (gotta read that).
...and then my old data was back :D hmmm depending on how this round goes i may not devote another one solely to German... will see...

Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6379 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds

Message 56 of 110
01 January 2013 at 2:56am | IP Logged 
Oh I see that Kerrie is also in. Good luck!!!

This discussion contains 110 messages over 14 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 68 9 10 11 12 13 14  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version