Joined 5405 days ago

112 posts - 180 votes 
Speaks: Spanish*, English, French
Studies: Italian

Message 1 of 2
21 February 2012 at 5:47am | IP Logged 
First of all, I don’t know if this is the correct place to post this, so please
redirect me if necessary.

I´m thinking about teaching English. But instead of getting a teachers diploma and work
at a Harmon hall, high school or whatever, and teaching grammar all day (you know what
I mean, writing on the blackboard on the first day I am, you are, he is ad nauseam), i
´m thinking about teaching with an assimil course.

My thinking is this, rent a place to do it, buy some really good stereo system that
would allow me to put at least 2 speakers at the back of the room and 2 on the front to
create a headphone effect, and get students.
The class would be to repeat phrase by phrase several times, then the entire lesson,
then write it on the black board and make them read it without the help of the audio. I
would try to follow the course, make them start translating at lesson 50 and all that.

Of course I still have many details to think about. But what do you think?, am I
crazy?. The entrepreneur WebPages in my country say that teaching English is one of the
best businesses.

2 persons have voted this message useful

zenmonkey
Bilingual Tetraglot
Germany
Joined 6311 days ago

803 posts - 1119 votes 
1 sounds
Speaks: EnglishC2*, Spanish*, French, German
Studies: Italian, Modern Hebrew

Message 2 of 2
21 February 2012 at 10:27am | IP Logged 
Why don't you first work at a reputed language school a little - you'll get paid to learn how to run a class and organize the details of the business and it will give you time to prepare.

You can then set off once you are properly ready and understand things like demand, going prices, attendance and if you have a pleasure in doing this.
3 persons have voted this message useful

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version