Diglot
United States
Joined 4681 days ago

152 posts - 210 votes 
Speaks: English*, Italian
Studies: Persian

Message 1 of 2
01 March 2012 at 4:52am | IP Logged 
Has anyone out there happened to try or have seen the assimil edition going from L1 Italian to L2 Mandarin? I'm just looking to make sure that it is a good product, as I know that the quality of Assimil books can vary a lot by language.

I would like to use the one in Italian so that I can continue to practice a little with my Italian as I begin Mandarin.

Is it in pinyin, or just Hanzi? Traditional or simplified? Have any native-italians used it to learn Mandarin?

Thanks... I know this is a long shot, but I would feel better getting a little bit of feedback before I make the purchase... (even if someone just wants to reassure me based on the English-Mandarin version)
1 person has voted this message useful

Hendrek
Diglot
United States
Joined 4681 days ago

152 posts - 210 votes 
Speaks: English*, Italian
Studies: Persian

Message 2 of 2
03 March 2012 at 8:56pm | IP Logged 
OK, disregard this. I did some shopping around and was able to find chinese assimil with ease in English with CDs for about $35.00, but the cheapest I could find the Italian version was 86 euros... so I'll just listen to some free podcasts to practice Italian and use the English Assimil.
1 person has voted this message useful

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version