Diglot
United States
Joined 4556 days ago

11 posts - 11 votes
Speaks: English*, German
Studies: Serbian, French

Message 1 of 3
14 March 2012 at 9:54pm | IP Logged 
Does anyone know of organizations or websites where one can research oppurtunities for teaching English (I am interest in teaching in Germany). There seem to be a number of placement companies, but they seem to sell the positives too hard and I'm not sure if they are legit.
1 person has voted this message useful

hrhenry
Octoglot
United States
languagehopper.blogs
Joined 4889 days ago

1871 posts - 3642 votes 
Speaks: English*, SpanishC2, ItalianC2, Norwegian, Catalan, Galician, Turkish, Portuguese
Studies: Polish, Indonesian, Ojibwe

Message 2 of 3
14 March 2012 at 11:26pm | IP Logged 
eslcafe.com and eslemployement.com both have forums where people discuss the job opportunities posted on their respective sites.

You could try there as a starting point. There's also TESOL.org and TELF.com, among many others, I'm sure.

R.
==

Edited by hrhenry on 14 March 2012 at 11:26pm

2 persons have voted this message useful

eggcluck
China
Joined 4460 days ago

168 posts - 278 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Mandarin, Japanese

Message 3 of 3
15 March 2012 at 6:16am | IP Logged 
The others are unknown to me but be very carefull with ESL cafe it is a shysyters heaven. Many of the positive reviews are from people paid to put positive reviews there, this is particulary the case for anything regarding Korea and China.

Should you end up going to any of those countries ( demand there is the highest, and since you arevnot an EU citizen with EU jobs that will be against you), do not use recruiters, and check your contracts. What you will be given to sign will probably be different from what you were given as an example.

I have met someone some time ago when I was in Prague that does ESL in Germany from America. She aquired the job through a long time spent networking and repeated visits to Germany. I mention that as like I stated before nearly all ESL will be in China or Korea, sadly those along with Japan are the countries where you are likely to be screwed over the most.

Edited by eggcluck on 17 March 2012 at 10:07am

2 persons have voted this message useful

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version