Language Learning Forum : Skandinavisk & Nordisk Post Reply
tandemtourer
United States
Joined 4435 days ago

2 posts - 2 votes
Speaks: English*

Message 1 of 4
14 March 2012 at 11:42pm | IP Logged 
After some time trying to teach myself Norwegian I have come to the conclusion that I need to be able to pick up proper pronounciation and inflection in order to move forward.

Several years ago De Levende og de Døde was available on line in both text and audio versions. Both were free and legal downloads. Unfortunately I never downloaded the files and have discovered that they are no longer available. There are even some links remaining on various Norwegian language learning sites but the links no longer work. I have found the mp3 audio files in an internet archive but haven't been successful with the text version.

Trying another approach, I have purchased both Naiv.Super and Jernvognen and am now looking for the mp3 files. I would like nothing more than to download the files to my iPod to listen while following along with the texts which I have been able to read to some extent. There are some Torrent files but I am leery of viruses from peer to peer sites. A friend has located some YouTube audio files but I really would like some mp3s.

That same friend found a compressed file of the entire audio file of Naiv.Super but to my untrained ear it sounds more like Russian or German perhaps a translation into those languages. This is the link

http://depositfiles.com/files/phmxa7pv1

If I could upload a small file for your opinions I would but I don't see that it is possible.

In summary, what language is being spoken in that audio file of Naiv.Super?
Does anyone know of a source for free, legal, non peer to peer audio files of Naiv.Super or Jernvognen or the text/pdf file of De Levende og de Døde?

Thanks in advance
1 person has voted this message useful

Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6391 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds
Speaks: Russian*, English, FinnishC1, Latin, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese
Studies: Danish, Romanian, Polish, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Croatian, Slovenian, Catalan, Czech, Galician, Dutch, Swedish

Message 2 of 4
15 March 2012 at 1:44am | IP Logged 
Yeah, naivno is the Russian adverb for naive(ly). downloading just to make sure...

Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6391 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds
Speaks: Russian*, English, FinnishC1, Latin, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese
Studies: Danish, Romanian, Polish, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Croatian, Slovenian, Catalan, Czech, Galician, Dutch, Swedish

Message 3 of 4
15 March 2012 at 2:11am | IP Logged 
Downloaded. It's Russian.

tandemtourer
United States
Joined 4435 days ago

2 posts - 2 votes
Speaks: English*

Message 4 of 4
15 March 2012 at 11:54am | IP Logged 
Thank you so much for going to the trouble to check on this! I certainly appreciate it. Tusen takk!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version