Register  Login  Active Topics  Maps  

Codigo da Vinci -what text matches audio?

Tags: Audiobook | Book | Spanish
 Language Learning Forum : Language Programs, Books & Tapes Post Reply
James29
Diglot
United States
Joined 5174 days ago

1265 posts - 2113 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish
Studies: French

Message 1 of 3
25 March 2012 at 10:30pm | IP Logged 
What "Codigo da Vinci" matches the Spanish audio? I went to the store today to buy the book and, much to my surprise, the audio I have (from Fonolibro) did not match the Spanish text in the book at the store. I would LOVE to go through this book in Spanish with a text that matches the audio.

I have a few other books (Narnia, etc) that have translations very close to the audio and are quite usable, but the da Vinci Code translation I was looking at was so different it was definitely not usable with the Spanish audio.

Any help or suggestions on how to find the book that matches the audio would be much appreciated.

1 person has voted this message useful

James29
Diglot
United States
Joined 5174 days ago

1265 posts - 2113 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish
Studies: French

Message 2 of 3
26 March 2012 at 2:14am | IP Logged 
OK, I have been doing some research. Be careful when buying. It does appear that there are at least two translations and the paperback currently in the stores (and featured prominently on Amazon) definitely does NOT match the audio.

However, the 2003 translation by Juanjo Estrella with ISBN 8495618605 matches the audio perfectly. It has a red cover and there are used copies available on Amazon for $0.01 and new versions for about $5.

4 persons have voted this message useful

jeff_lindqvist
Diglot
SwedenRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 6708 days ago

4250 posts - 5710 votes 
Speaks: Swedish*, English
Studies: German, Spanish, Russian, Dutch, Mandarin, Esperanto, Irish, French
Personal Language Map

Message 3 of 3
26 March 2012 at 5:41pm | IP Logged 
I just want to confirm that the Fonolibro audiobook is indeed based on Juan José Estrella's translation (my library has both, and I've done listening-reading with that material).

2 persons have voted this message useful

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version