Diglot
Spain
Joined 4713 days ago

164 posts - 248 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish
Studies: Arabic (Written), Croatian, German, French

Message 1 of 2
25 March 2012 at 11:46pm | IP Logged 
I must have been living under a rock, but now that I am aware of the Hunger Games trilogy, my interest has been picked. I've decided to read the books before seein the
film when it comes out here in Spain. (why do we have to wait another month?)

1. Any fans think reading it not in English will make it not as good?
2. Could I read a book in Catalan even without formal study? I find that I usually can
understand written Catalan, and this would be a fun 'excuse' to get into it, as it's more
available on amazon.es than the Castillian version, or should I try and find it in
Spanish?
1 person has voted this message useful

Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6408 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds
Speaks: Russian*, English, FinnishC1, Latin, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese
Studies: Danish, Romanian, Polish, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Croatian, Slovenian, Catalan, Czech, Galician, Dutch, Swedish

Message 2 of 2
26 March 2012 at 1:15am | IP Logged 
2. certainly, but i recommend learning the pronunciation rules first and maybe reading when listening to recordings. i've been doing this with Polish and it's been extremely effective... my trip was cancelled though :(
i think the time the shipping takes should be enough:)
1 person has voted this message useful

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version