Diglot
United States
Joined 4825 days ago

260 posts - 445 votes 
Speaks: Russian*, English
Studies: Sign Language, German, Spanish, French

Message 9 of 39
10 April 2012 at 1:00am | IP Logged 
Don't have much of a language collection, and most stuff I read is online nowadays.
But here it is anyway.
1 person has voted this message useful

Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6376 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds
Speaks: Russian*, English, FinnishC1, Latin, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese
Studies: Danish, Romanian, Polish, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Croatian, Slovenian, Catalan, Czech, Galician, Dutch, Swedish

Message 10 of 39
10 April 2012 at 1:16am | IP Logged 
You have one book tagged with it?

translator2
United States
Joined 6698 days ago

848 posts - 1862 votes 
Speaks: English*

Message 11 of 39
10 April 2012 at 2:02am | IP Logged 
I have 14 bookcases each with 3 shelves with language books and DVDs (and that is after a major purge to get rid of the piles on the floor and in the closets).

Edited by translator2 on 10 April 2012 at 2:04am

2 persons have voted this message useful

Chung
Diglot
Joined 6935 days ago

4228 posts - 8259 votes 
20 sounds
Speaks: English*, French
Studies: Polish, Slovak, Uzbek, Turkish, Korean, Finnish

Message 12 of 39
10 April 2012 at 6:51am | IP Logged 
Ma pĆ¼hendasin selle pildi Tecktightile. Eesti keel, represent!

It probably would have been just as effective for me to have provided links to each of those books at Amazon or Apollo.

Yes, "E nagu Eesti" is missing because I currently can't find it even though I was browsing it a couple of days ago in reference to how your studies were going. Also note the lack of "Colloquial Estonian" (thank God). I got to know it thanks to my public library and the borrowing period was long enough for me to work through it to see its flaws and Moseley embarrassing himself and indirectly Estonians with his effort.

You may have alternating fits of ecstasy and jealousy when following this thread at Unilang. Even though I haven't been able to find a similar thread on HTLAL with pictures, a few of the posters in Unilang's thread are familiar to me from here (e.g. E}{pugnator, Formiko, hcholm, johntm, Makrasiroutioun). Tricoteuse and Juan (a.k.a. Juan M.) also have some pretty spiffy shelves as seen at LanguageLearners although the pictures are more about how their shelves are organized/arranged rather than the linguistic content on them. Iversen's collection is indeed impressive.

P.S. I'm probably cheating a bit in this picture since I've used those Estonian-Finnish dictionaries (including that puny one on the far right) mainly when studying Finnish rather than Estonian. All the same I was surprised by the amount of Finno-Ugric stuff that I came upon in my boxes (thick binders full of printouts of the old goodies from DLI, FSI and ERIC) and on my shelf while I was sifting for the Estonian books.

Man, I am nuts in addition to being the resident fossil/old fart. :-P

Edited by Chung on 15 April 2012 at 3:07am

5 persons have voted this message useful

Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6376 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds
Speaks: Russian*, English, FinnishC1, Latin, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese
Studies: Danish, Romanian, Polish, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Croatian, Slovenian, Catalan, Czech, Galician, Dutch, Swedish

Message 13 of 39
10 April 2012 at 11:54am | IP Logged 
I posted my Italian collection here, well what I had as of then. Now I also have the first HP book in it and I'm about to get Cavani's biography (it's been bought for me already but I let the person read it first :))

Einarr
Tetraglot
United Kingdom
einarrslanguagelog.w
Joined 4392 days ago

118 posts - 269 votes 
Speaks: English, Bulgarian*, French, Russian
Studies: Swedish

Message 14 of 39
14 April 2012 at 8:28am | IP Logged 
Here's my humble shelf of materials. Not full though, cause there are a few more, that are either photocopies or pdf files etc. If I have to be honest I'm quite satisfied with what I have, which by any means doesn't matter that more shouldn't be added regularly :D

Expugnator
Hexaglot
Brazil
Joined 4945 days ago

3335 posts - 4349 votes 
Speaks: Portuguese*, Norwegian, French, English, Italian, Papiamento
Studies: Mandarin, Georgian, Russian

Message 15 of 39
14 April 2012 at 6:02pm | IP Logged 
Wow I saw my name mentioned at this thread. I feel famous lol =D

I buy few language books lately, mostly those in Portuguese for Brazilian speakers so that I can evaluate them, and some rarer ones. I don't have a camera right now to take pictures but it's all a bit scattered anyway. And I read a lot in the tablet instead, even if I do have paperback I actually prefer the tablet.

I never heard of that Estonian Textbook, chung.

Chung
Diglot
Joined 6935 days ago

4228 posts - 8259 votes 
20 sounds
Speaks: English*, French
Studies: Polish, Slovak, Uzbek, Turkish, Korean, Finnish

Message 16 of 39
14 April 2012 at 6:05pm | IP Logged 
It's this one, Expugnator.