Register  Login  Active Topics  Maps  

The Super challenge!

Language Learning Forum : General discussion (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post Reply
713 messages over 90 pages: << Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 44 ... 89 90 Next >>
Kerrie
United States
justpaste.it/Kerrie2
Joined 5154 days ago

1232 posts - 1740 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Spanish

Message 345 of 713
30 April 2012 at 8:15pm | IP Logged 
fiziwig wrote:
I may start out with an all-day Harry Potter Movie marathon (Spanish soundtrack, no subtitles) just to break out of the starting gate with a bang! Besides I have to make up for not being able to do anything on Wednesday because that's my Spanish class day and I'll have homework to do.

I'm so excited! Thank a million Solfrid for dreaming up this challenge!

Wow. That's almost 20 hours. That would be worth like 13 movies. I don't think I could sit still for that long at one time!
1 person has voted this message useful

Jeffers
United Kingdom
Joined 4668 days ago

2151 posts - 3960 votes 
Studies: Hindi, Ancient Greek, French, Sanskrit, German

Message 346 of 713
30 April 2012 at 8:20pm | IP Logged 
Kerrie wrote:
fiziwig wrote:
I may start out with an all-day Harry Potter Movie marathon (Spanish soundtrack, no subtitles) just to break out of the starting gate with a bang! Besides I have to make up for not being able to do anything on Wednesday because that's my Spanish class day and I'll have homework to do.

I'm so excited! Thank a million Solfrid for dreaming up this challenge!

Wow. That's almost 20 hours. That would be worth like 13 movies. I don't think I could sit still for that long at one time!

I don't think any Harry Potter film is more than 3 hours long, so they each count as single films.

Tamise
Triglot
United Kingdom
jllrr.wordpress.com/
Joined 5002 days ago

115 posts - 161 votes 
Speaks: English*, German, Dutch
Studies: French, Japanese, Spanish

Message 347 of 713
30 April 2012 at 8:32pm | IP Logged 
I wonder how many of us are going to read/watch Harry Potter at some point! I have the first five films in Japanese and will be watching them - my main problem is that I love Alan Rickman's voice so much that it's difficult to watch it when it's not him. Still, the Japanese voice actor sounds pretty good too.
2 persons have voted this message useful

geoffw
Triglot
United States
Joined 4447 days ago

1134 posts - 1865 votes 
Speaks: English*, German, Yiddish
Studies: Modern Hebrew, French, Dutch, Italian, Russian

Message 348 of 713
30 April 2012 at 8:37pm | IP Logged 
Tamise wrote:
I wonder how many of us are going to read/watch Harry Potter at some point! I have the first five films in Japanese and will be watching them - my main problem is that I love Alan Rickman's voice so much that it's difficult to watch it when it's not him. Still, the Japanese voice actor sounds pretty good too.

I'm currently reading various volumes of Harry Potter in German, French and Dutch (and I'll certainly watch some of them with French audio and/or subtitles). Perfect for extensive reading in TL.

Katze
Diglot
Germany
Joined 4819 days ago

11 posts - 11 votes
Speaks: German*, EnglishC1
Studies: French, Japanese

Message 349 of 713
30 April 2012 at 9:00pm | IP Logged 
Tamise wrote:
I wonder how many of us are going to read/watch Harry Potter at some point! I have the first five films in Japanese and will be watching them -

Most likely a lot of us. I would like to watch Harry Potter in Japanese. Well, maybe I find a way to purchase the DVDs of it. However, since I am an anime fan and have quite a number of anime movies and episodes of different series, I will watch these first, starting with InuYasha. And I just ordered the blu-ray of "The Mummy" and sequels, as I found out that the blu-rays have japanese dub on it. I just saw that "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang" also has Japanese dub on it, but I don't know, if I would like that.

Jeffers
United Kingdom
Joined 4668 days ago

2151 posts - 3960 votes 
Studies: Hindi, Ancient Greek, French, Sanskrit, German

Message 350 of 713
30 April 2012 at 9:16pm | IP Logged 
Tamise wrote:

I have The Philosopher's Stone in Hindi and in Ancient Greek. I might as well get a copy in French for this challenge!

In Hindi it's called हैरी पॉटर और पारस पत्थर (Hairy Paatar aur Paaras Patthar), and in Ancient Greek it's Ἅρειος Ποτὴρ καὶ ἡ τοῦ φιλοσόφου λίθος.

Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6356 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds
Speaks: Russian*, English, FinnishC1, Latin, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese
Studies: Danish, Romanian, Polish, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Croatian, Slovenian, Catalan, Czech, Galician, Dutch, Swedish

Message 351 of 713
30 April 2012 at 9:31pm | IP Logged 
Tamise wrote:
I love Alan Rickman's voice so much that it's difficult to watch it when it's not him.
To all Alan Rickman fans - the Italian voiceover for him is FANTASTIC! But better stay away from the Russian one :S

I'll do HP too, in four of my five languages. I have the 8 movies in Italian, the 7 PDF's in Italian and Polish and the first 6 audiobooks in Danish, with PDF. I also have the second book in German and I'll read the others in stores the AJATT way (randomly).
Oh and I'll read the stuff at Pottermore in Italian and German. Should count as at least one book with those passages and a lot of extra info. Some of the later books may well count as two.

Solfrid Cristin
Heptaglot
Winner TAC 2011 & 2012
Norway
Joined 5093 days ago

4143 posts - 8864 votes 
Speaks: Norwegian*, Spanish, Swedish, French, English, German, Italian
Studies: Russian

Message 352 of 713
30 April 2012 at 9:33pm | IP Logged 
Serpent wrote:
Tamise wrote:
I love Alan Rickman's voice so much that it's difficult to watch it when it's not him.
To all Alan Rickman fans - the Italian voiceover for him is FANTASTIC! But better stay away from the Russian one :S

I only have the audiobook - do you know if that one is o.k.?

This discussion contains 713 messages over 90 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version