12 messages over 2 pages: 1
Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6418 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds
Speaks: Russian*, English, FinnishC1, Latin, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese
Studies: Danish, Romanian, Polish, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Croatian, Slovenian, Catalan, Czech, Galician, Dutch, Swedish

Message 9 of 12
14 April 2012 at 10:43pm | IP Logged 
I thought student visas are mostly for exchange students... Like, you can get a student visa because you've been accepted at a foreign university... but getting one for language classes? Idk, idk. Isn't it possible to get a travel visa? As long as you can prove you have a place to stay at it shouldn't be a problem I think.
1 person has voted this message useful

Antisrcen
Canada
Joined 4429 days ago

10 posts - 13 votes
Speaks: English*

Message 10 of 12
15 April 2012 at 2:18am | IP Logged 
Scuola Leonardo Da Vinci is an official school, so I should be able to get a student
visa. As I understand it, if I'm not from the European Union and I have a travel visa, I
can only stay for 90 days.

dandt
Australia
regarderetlire.wordp
Joined 4445 days ago

134 posts - 174 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Italian, French

Message 11 of 12
15 April 2012 at 2:23am | IP Logged 
I suspect if you were to contact the school they would be able to help you figure out what visa you need.
2 persons have voted this message useful

yall
Diglot
Italy
Joined 5782 days ago

22 posts - 31 votes
Speaks: English*, Italian
Studies: Latin, French

Message 12 of 12
16 April 2012 at 8:58pm | IP Logged 
Yeah, you'll need a visa to stay for a year, and you'll also have to go through the process of applying for a permesso di soggiorno when you get there, which may or may not ever arrive before you leave. Once you have these things, you'll be dying to show them to the officers at passport control, but they won't care. Your school will have all the info you need.

In bocca al lupo!

Edited by yall on 16 April 2012 at 8:59pm

This discussion contains 12 messages over 2 pages: << Prev 1

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version