Canada
Joined 4549 days ago

60 posts - 94 votes 
Speaks: English, Mandarin*, Korean
Studies: German

Message 1 of 1
26 April 2012 at 6:44am | IP Logged 
Just a little background info before I start:

I've been learning Korean for about a year now (although not very intensely). I've
reached a point where I can read a fiction and understand approximately what is going
on, but not the finer details. Most of the time, I still can't guess the meaning of
words through the context yet.

So my question is, should I try to read intensively on one book and make flashcards for
all of the unknown words? This was what I was doing to the first book of the Harry
Potter series, but in the first chapter alone I had to make ~400 flashcards, so I found
this rather time-consuming and tedious (moreover, I tend to be lazy about reviewing my
flashcards). Or would there be something else that I can do that would make my studies
more efficient?

Also, just thought that it might be worth mentioning: I already know Mandarin so I have
a solid knowledge for hanja. Would this affect how I should do things?

Thanks for any advice/tips :)

1 person has voted this message useful

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version