57 messages over 8 pages: 1 2 3 46 7 8 Next >>
Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6378 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds
Speaks: Russian*, English, FinnishC1, Latin, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese
Studies: Danish, Romanian, Polish, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Croatian, Slovenian, Catalan, Czech, Galician, Dutch, Swedish

Message 33 of 57
01 May 2012 at 9:44pm | IP Logged 
lol Mark I'm almost shocked:)
1 person has voted this message useful

caam_imt
Triglot
Mexico
Joined 4643 days ago

232 posts - 357 votes 
Speaks: Spanish*, EnglishC2, Finnish
Studies: German, Swedish

Message 34 of 57
01 May 2012 at 10:57pm | IP Logged 
BSc. in Mechatronics and MSc. in Electrical Engineering with major in Power Electronics

darkwhispersdal
Wales
Joined 5821 days ago

294 posts - 363 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Ancient Greek, French, Italian, Spanish, Russian, Mandarin, Japanese, Latin

Message 35 of 57
01 May 2012 at 11:01pm | IP Logged 
BSc in Biochemistry and working on a BA Humanities and a BSc Computing and ICT with the Open University.

silverpolyglot
Diglot
Groupie
Canada
silverchallanges.wor
Joined 4695 days ago

42 posts - 72 votes 
Speaks: English*, Somali
Studies: French, Swedish, Mandarin

Message 36 of 57
01 May 2012 at 11:25pm | IP Logged 
I will be starting my third year in Nursing in September. Like many people I get asked
the question "Why are studying X if you're going to be a nurse?" My passion for languages
and communicating with people came before my passion for Nursing (a passion which
disappears during the school year :D). As an added bonus, there are multilingual nursing
jobs in my city that I want to do when I graduate that would allow me to use the
languages I'm learning to interact with new immigrants and help direct them to the
cities' health care programs by working with the immigrants and their families, as well
as the other community groups in the city. Unfortunate this major leaves me with no time
for studying my languages, so I can't wait until I graduate!

Edited by silverpolyglot on 01 May 2012 at 11:26pm

drp9341
Pentaglot
United States
Joined 4693 days ago

115 posts - 217 votes 
Speaks: Italian, English*, Spanish, Portuguese, French
Studies: Japanese

Message 37 of 57
02 May 2012 at 8:47am | IP Logged 
Major in...
Speech Language Pathology ... Basically in training to become a speech therapist.

as far as a minor goes... No idea.. I would love to minor in a language but the choices here are weak!
Spanish, Japanese, Arabic, Mandarin, French, Italian, German
Nothing Super cool XD

wv girl
Diglot
United States
Joined 5020 days ago

174 posts - 330 votes 
Speaks: English*, French
Studies: Spanish

Message 38 of 57
02 May 2012 at 8:54pm | IP Logged 
I got a BS in Medical Science & worked as a physician assistant for 10-11 years. During that time, I got an MA in
Humanities, emphasis literature, and fell in love with French. After nearly burning out in the medical field and
thinking a lot about "If you love what you do, it's never a job" quote, I decided to return to school & teach French.
So I got a BA in Secondary Ed/French. Imagine my surprise when not all the students LOVED French like I did! And
then Spanish was becoming the language of choice in high schools, so I had to return to certify to teach Spanish.
Although I did well in the classes and the certification exam, I know my limitations in that language so I still
consider myself studying it.   

The 1/2 super challenge that I'm attempting combines my 2 passions, reading AND improving my Spanish.
2 persons have voted this message useful

ljones29
Triglot
United States
Joined 4578 days ago

35 posts - 59 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish, French
Studies: Arabic (Written), Greek

Message 39 of 57
03 May 2012 at 1:29am | IP Logged 
Bachelor's in Psychology, Master's in Public Administration

This discussion contains 57 messages over 8 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 46 7 8  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version