Diglot
United States
Joined 4576 days ago

17 posts - 21 votes
Speaks: English*, Spanish
Studies: French

Message 1 of 3
17 May 2012 at 1:46am | IP Logged 
I am looking for suitable books for listening-reading for the intermediate-high level that have accompanying audiobooks in Latin American Spanish. I have the Harry Potter books, but they are more oriented toward Spain Spanish and the speaker on the CDs has a noticeable Spanish accent.
1 person has voted this message useful

James29
Diglot
United States
Joined 5186 days ago

1265 posts - 2113 votes 
Studies: French

Message 2 of 3
20 June 2012 at 2:38am | IP Logged 
The guy that narrates The da Vinci Code is awesome. He is from Venezuela. He also does Angels and Demons. You can go to Audible.com and listen to the samples of various audio books so you can hear the accents. If you are looking for something on the level of Harry Potter you could try the Narnia books or, one of my favorites, Cajas de Carton (spoken in a very nice strong Mexican accent).
2 persons have voted this message useful

Random review
Diglot
United Kingdom
Joined 5594 days ago

781 posts - 1310 votes 
Studies: Portuguese, Mandarin, Yiddish, German

Message 3 of 3
08 July 2012 at 6:14pm | IP Logged 
There was a L.am version of at least some of the Harry Potter books floating around the
internet last year. It basically used the official translation but changed a few words
and used Uds instead of vosotros verb forms. It was actually quite good, I preferred the
L.Am version of one book (I think it was "The Goblet of Fire") to the European version.

Edited by Random review on 08 July 2012 at 6:15pm

2 persons have voted this message useful

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version