Speakeasy
Canada
Joined 3837 days ago

507 posts - 1098 votes 
Studies: German

Message 25 of 26
12 February 2016 at 5:21pm | IP Logged 
To: Hungringo

I notice that there is an offer on EBay for Méthode 90 French. Although the seller does not seem to accept International orders, in my experience, this is negotiable.

If I were interested in this course, I would send the seller an Email via the "Contact the Seller" function asking that they confirm the presence of the audio recordings (cassettes or CDs) and offering to pay the international shipping charges.

As to the second point, some vendors are rather irked by EBay's practice of charging the buyer substantial handling, shipping, and customs clearance rates, while passing on only a portion of these to vendor. Since this practice has the potential for leaving the vendor out-of-pocket, some choose not to accept international orders. In such cases, in my Email to the vendor, I make it clear that, in order for them to recover all of their costs, I would be willing to accept a reasonable increase in the price for the product. In that way, I try to encourage them to come to agreement on an item that they want to sell and that I want to buy.

Edited by Speakeasy on 12 February 2016 at 5:26pm

2 persons have voted this message useful

Hungringo
Triglot
United Kingdom
Joined 3773 days ago

168 posts - 329 votes 
Speaks: Hungarian*, English, Spanish
Studies: French

Message 26 of 26
13 February 2016 at 12:53pm | IP Logged 
Speakeasy, thanks for the tip, but it seems they sell only the book without audio. I already have the book, it is the audio I am after.
1 person has voted this message useful

This discussion contains 26 messages over 4 pages: << Prev 1 2 3

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version