Diglot
Japan
Joined 4359 days ago

9 posts - 9 votes
Speaks: Spanish*, English
Studies: Japanese, Mandarin

Message 1 of 7
25 June 2012 at 1:43am | IP Logged 
Hello dear everyone, I heard somewhere I can't recall where, that upon writing your very first post in a
board such as this, your fellow forum peers will be specially compelled to offer kind and helpful advice,
that being the case here, please be kind to me.

I am looking for audiobooks in Japanese. I am aware that this is a rather limited market in Japan and that
audiobooks are apparently not so popular in this country. I have been able to find however, some links to
a handful of recorded novels, specially here (http://rtkwiki.koohii.com/wiki/Audiobooks) but several links
don't work and the selection is short and of the few ones that do work I wouldn't dare touching many just
yet, (吾輩は猫である for example). I have actually purchased some textbook-like material with audio in the
past and more recently the よむよむ文庫 Japanese Graded Readers from which I am currently working on
Level 4.

But that's the end of it. Is there anything else?. I am also currently reading 3rd and 4th grade of the
wonderful 十分読める series of stories, biographies and popular science books, but these have no audio
whatsoever. In total, the amount of audio I have collected doesn't amount to ~4 hours of listening to new
material (which is rather not so new anymore).

I appreciate your comments, references and/or advice.

Edited by Mirkwood on 25 June 2012 at 2:02am

1 person has voted this message useful

sammychanforeve
Triglot
Groupie
United States
Joined 5891 days ago

43 posts - 51 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish, Japanese
Studies: French

Message 2 of 7
27 June 2012 at 1:47am | IP Logged 
A user called Sheetz made a list...
http://how-to-learn-any-language.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?T ID=6241&PN=1&TPN=1
5 persons have voted this message useful

Mirkwood
Diglot
Japan
Joined 4359 days ago

9 posts - 9 votes
Speaks: Spanish*, English
Studies: Japanese, Mandarin

Message 3 of 7
30 June 2012 at 8:46am | IP Logged 
I wasn't able to make the link work but I searched a bit and came up with it. Thanks.

Edited by Mirkwood on 30 June 2012 at 12:58pm

AaronLangston
United States
Joined 4363 days ago

1 posts - 2 votes
Studies: Japanese

Message 4 of 7
09 July 2012 at 3:55pm | IP Logged 
I agree, that available selection is very limited! You may want to try LDS.org (even if
you're not religious) and listen to the General Conference talks in Japanese. Just
choose the Japanese language option and then click on the General Conference link (if
your Japanese reading isn't too good yet make sure to do it in English first so you can
memorize where the links are) and you can listen to hours of talks in Japanese. They are
of course of a religious nature, but the topics covered are pretty extensive and
therefore become a great learning tool. I also listen/watch Japanese dramas, such as "1
litre of tears". You can pull those episodes up on utube. Good luck!
2 persons have voted this message useful

pfn123
Australia
Joined 4906 days ago

171 posts - 291 votes 
Speaks: English*

Message 5 of 7
25 July 2012 at 5:51am | IP Logged 
Hi Mirkwood! Welcome to HTLAL!

Mirkwood wrote:
I am looking for audiobooks in Japanese.

So you want selections of real Japanese to read, that also have audio? Have you looked at 'Read Real Japanese'? There are two volumes, one of short stories (here) and one of essays (here). The title says it all really. They are texts written by well-known writers. Each book comes with an audio CD. And there are lots of notes to help, and a vocabulary.

Another book worth looking at is Breaking into Japanese. It has audio that you download. Again, the book is a selection of writings from well-known writers. The selections are short, and there is a facing translation and footnoted vocabulary.

All these three books present real Japanese in short, manageable chunks, all with accompany audio to listen to.
3 persons have voted this message useful

baskerville
Trilingual Triglot
Singapore
scribeorigins.com
Joined 4069 days ago

39 posts - 43 votes
Speaks: English*, Tagalog*
Studies: German*, Japanese
Studies: Hungarian

Message 6 of 7
15 June 2013 at 4:58am | IP Logged 
How about audiobooks of those that you have listened to in your native language? My
favourite audiobook is Harry Potter because I am a big HP fan. Sadly, the JP version is
only until the 2nd book, if I remember correctly, because as you mentioned, the audiobook
market is not so big in Japan.

I also do what AaronLangston does. I watch my favourite Jdoramas :) I put the
episodes in my iPhone and listen to them while at work or while commuting.

hanasea
Diglot
Korea, South
agidark.tistory.comRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 4012 days ago

15 posts - 20 votes
Speaks: Korean*, EnglishC1
Studies: Japanese

Message 7 of 7
23 June 2013 at 2:54pm | IP Logged 
www.febe.jp
www.ongen.net
dl.rakuten.co.jp

Those are Japan web sites that sells audiobook which is similar with Audible.com
But you should buy the textbook from other source. Also, those sites look like for Japanese only.

I would like to buy some books from there but not sure how to do it. If you find any way to buy, let me know ;)

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version