United States
languagewanderlust.c
Joined 4885 days ago

62 posts - 68 votes 
Speaks: Spanish*, English*
Studies: German, Russian, Czech, Polish

Message 1 of 3
06 July 2012 at 8:34pm | IP Logged 
Okay, so I have started to learn Polish. I completed both the foundation and advanced Michel Thomas course (they are fantastic btw!). Now, I want to get written material, like a textbook, so that I can practice reading, writing, and working through exercises. I've read on this forum that "First Year Polish" by Swan is an excellent course. So I downloaded the entire PDF course, but I am having a hard time dealing with the audio.

First Year Polish Audio

I found this link that provides the audio, however I am having a hard time finding which CDs correspond to each lesson. Sometimes when a track cites which page the conversation is coming from, I turn to the page and there is no matching conversation. It is really confusing.

Is it possible that someone can point me to an alternate source, where I can find the mp3 files? I find that they also load very slow on the link I provided. Or help me understand how the CDs/tracks work with the book?

Thanks for your time!
1 person has voted this message useful

MerryCrassmas
Bilingual Diglot
Groupie
United States
languagewanderlust.c
Joined 4885 days ago

62 posts - 68 votes 
Speaks: Spanish*, English*
Studies: German, Russian, Czech, Polish

Message 2 of 3
06 July 2012 at 9:38pm | IP Logged 
I just realized that the audio that I provided the link to is the audio for the second edition. Does anyone know where I can get a hold of the second edition? Is it available in a PDF or just in print? Thanks.

Chung
Diglot
Joined 6978 days ago

4228 posts - 8259 votes 
20 sounds
Speaks: English*, French
Studies: Polish, Slovak, Uzbek, Turkish, Korean, Finnish

Message 3 of 3
07 July 2012 at 6:03pm | IP Logged 
The 2nd edition was released in 1983 and is available on Amazon Marketplace for $20 or cheaper. As far as I know, whatever passes for the "3rd edition" refers to the online version on Swan's website.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version