Diglot
United KingdomRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5778 days ago

1485 posts - 2002 votes 
Speaks: English*, Japanese
Studies: French, German

Message 9 of 11
07 November 2012 at 9:12am | IP Logged 
So yesterday I managed to squeeze in four hours of Japanese around my day job. I'm quite happy with that!

I was checking HTLAL yesterday morning while I was waiting for my morning cup of tea to cool down, felt inspired by this post so put down the internet and spent ten minutes reading my ドラえもん manga instead. Then I had to go to work.

I spent my lunch break doing more reading, this time with a graded reader aimed at Japanese second graders.

I got home around half five and showered and changed. I sat down to do some writing practice. I picked a topic I had discussed a bit in the English section of my language exchange, which I had realised I would struggle to describe in Japanese, so used my writing time to start filling in some vocabulary gaps. My husband cooked dinner last night so while I was waiting I did some more reading, this time with a fairly simple novel which is aimed I think at 8 year olds.

After dinner I sat down with my husband to watch the first episode of a TV drama I've not seen before called Sailor Uniform and Machine Gun. It was a bit annoying when my husband (who can't understand Japanese) kept trying, and failing, to guess what was going on, so I ended up doing some translation for him as it went along.

After that I went to do some proper study for an hour. I started with a Keigo practice book I had, which involves doing some audio drills and some shadowing. At the same time as teaching keigo it also gets you to do some drills with casual forms, I guess to try and get you more comfortable with switching. But it's pretty useful, especially for listening comprehension. After that I spent some time on a kanji practice book for JLPT N2. It has some dictation exercises as well as reading and writing quizzes. It's like being back at school, only cooler.

After that I simply did more reading, first of the novel and then back to my manga, before going to bed and falling asleep to a TBS radio podcast.
3 persons have voted this message useful

Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6393 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds
Speaks: Russian*, English, FinnishC1, Latin, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese
Studies: Danish, Romanian, Polish, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Croatian, Slovenian, Catalan, Czech, Galician, Dutch, Swedish

Message 10 of 11
07 November 2012 at 3:46pm | IP Logged 
g-bod wrote:
felt inspired by this post so put down the internet and spent ten minutes reading my ドラえもん manga instead.
That's so amazing to hear :')))))
Your day sounds very productive indeed! :D Yay for getting your husband to cook, lol.
1 person has voted this message useful

shk00design
Triglot
Canada
Joined 4240 days ago

747 posts - 1123 votes 
Speaks: Cantonese*, English, Mandarin
Studies: French

Message 11 of 11
12 November 2012 at 11:45pm | IP Logged 
The past week and a half been busy catching up on practicing music. Have a performance
with a community music group in 1 week. Our band is supposed to be the main attraction
that will take up much of the afternoon. Besides watching a Chinese film: "Ocean Heaven"
in between, haven't been doing much with language learning. After the performance will be
back to studying languages. Still consider a day as being productive.

Edited by shk00design on 12 November 2012 at 11:46pm

2 persons have voted this message useful

This discussion contains 11 messages over 2 pages: << Prev 1

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version