Joined 5257 days ago

821 posts - 1273 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: FrenchB1

Message 337 of 439
04 November 2014 at 1:49am | IP Logged 
luke wrote:

Sweet!

P.S. the secret with the videos is to stand up and play along! Be the professor!

Know where I can find a wig like his? I mean a wig like his actual hair, as opposed to his wig that I never saw
him wear? Pretty rare I'd imagine. Poor guy only died earlier this year back in his hometown in Frace
apparently, RIP. I feel like I know the guy personally. Dammit, i'm becoming one of those weird fans who upon
meeting one of their favourite actors starts condemming them for their behaviour like their character is real.
Mind you the professor was largely playing himself. Was this reality TV before we knew it! I think i'm going
insane, please help me, just get me a wig and I'll be ok, I swear. That's all I need in life, then I'll be happy, but
after that I'll need a tie.. and...
2 persons have voted this message useful

luke
Diglot
United States
Joined 6986 days ago

3133 posts - 4351 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish
Studies: Esperanto, French

Message 338 of 439
05 November 2014 at 1:43am | IP Logged 
PeterMollenburg wrote:
luke wrote:
P.S. the secret with the videos is to stand up and play along! Be the professor!

I think i'm going insane, please help me, just get me a wig and I'll be ok, I swear. That's all I need in life, then I'll be happy, but after that I'll need a tie.. and...

une jupe rouge?
3 persons have voted this message useful

Jeffers
United Kingdom
Joined 4690 days ago

2151 posts - 3960 votes 
Studies: Hindi, Ancient Greek, French, Sanskrit, German

Message 339 of 439
05 November 2014 at 9:41pm | IP Logged 
luke wrote:
PeterMollenburg wrote:
luke wrote:

I think i'm going insane, please help me, just get me a wig and I'll be ok, I swear. That's all I need in life, then I'll be happy, but after that I'll need a tie.. and...

une jupe rouge?

et deux jolies longues jambes....

luke
Diglot
United States
Joined 6986 days ago

3133 posts - 4351 votes 

Message 340 of 439
05 November 2014 at 11:39pm | IP Logged 
Jeffers wrote:
luke wrote:
PeterMollenburg wrote:
luke wrote:
P.S. the secret with the videos is
to stand up and play along! Be the professor!

I think i'm going insane, please help me, just get me a wig and I'll be ok, I swear. That's all I need in life, then
I'll be happy, but after that I'll need a tie.. and...

une jupe rouge?

et deux jolies longues jambes....

et une taille fine ... et les doigts longs et fins ... il sera un brun tout à fait extraordinaire !
1 person has voted this message useful

PeterMollenburg
AustraliaRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5257 days ago

821 posts - 1273 votes 
Studies: FrenchB1

Message 341 of 439
06 November 2014 at 12:59am | IP Logged 
ça c'est ridicule! Moi je suis un étudiant très sérieux alors ! J'ai tout simplement besoin d'un smartphone qui
marche, mon meilleur ami Toby the Dog aka le Roi Royal d'Espagne lui-même en chair, et un cerveau qui
marche aussi. Bien sûr le chien royal m'enseignera tandis que Robert, Mireille et Marie-Laure m'aideront si
j'ai du mal avec cette belle langue.... excusez-moi... une jupe s'il vous plaît... non non, c'est pas pour manger,
c'est pour écrire... est-ce que vous êtes fou ! Comme c'est bizarre !

PM, le premier-ministre lui-même en chair ou en quelque sorte

luke
Diglot
United States
Joined 6986 days ago

3133 posts - 4351 votes 

Message 342 of 439
08 November 2014 at 8:53am | IP Logged 
PeterMollenburg wrote:
ça c'est ridicule!

excusez-moi... une jupe s'il vous plaît... non non

Comme c'est bizarre !

PM, le premier-ministre lui-même en chair ou en quelque sorte

C'est la vie ici !

Edited by luke on 08 November 2014 at 8:53am

luke
Diglot
United States
Joined 6986 days ago

3133 posts - 4351 votes 

Message 343 of 439
08 November 2014 at 9:23am | IP Logged 
I'm mostly back in the New York groove. Only one day on the road this week.

FSI Basic French - I've made it to tape 11.9. The penultimate before the grand review.

French In Action - I just finished lesson 6. I've been putting the writings up on lang-8 for corrections. The smartphone and memory stick tracks with earlier lessons are pleasant. Just have to keep pushin' on.

French Frequency Dictionary - word 1140 is gestion. The management of Anki has shifted leech to 5 fails. I should be back to adding cards again shortly. I didn't Anki yesterday and this morning there are over 150 cards to review which is out of hand.

Radio France International - should get some more time as I settle back into home life.

Using French - Finished lesson 70. Now the question is what to do next. I started Business French, but the 5 minute lessons are a bit long for the bathroom.

New French With Ease - This would probably be good on the smartphone/memory stick along with French Without Toil for a leisurely vocabulary cleanup wave. That is, listen, and if any words or meaning isn't clear, read the lesson.

Audio Livres - Old fave is on chapter 10 of 24. This is an important track since I've removed a lot of intensity from my study. I need this to keep vocabulary fresh.

Learn French in your Car - lesson 68. Zzzzz.

Sur la Liberté - by John Stuart Mill. I'm on paragraph 3.4 in a listen wave in the car.

Philosophie Vivant - in the gym slot. Lecture 24 or 25 is next.

Edited by luke on 08 November 2014 at 9:26am

Jeffers
United Kingdom
Joined 4690 days ago

2151 posts - 3960 votes 
Studies: Hindi, Ancient Greek, French, Sanskrit, German

Message 344 of 439
08 November 2014 at 1:15pm | IP Logged 
How have you found Using French? I bought it the other week but I haven't formally started using it yet. I listened to a couple tracks, and had a look through the book to see what lessons are like. What looks good to me is that it covers a lot about France, with chapters on regions of France, Victor Hugo, and the like.

Also, what is "old fave"?

This discussion contains 439 messages over 55 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version