Joined 5291 days ago

2615 posts - 8806 votes 
Speaks: English*, FrenchB2
Studies: Spanish, Ancient Egyptian
Personal Language Map

Message 73 of 140
10 January 2013 at 3:34am | IP Logged 
Julie wrote:
- Inspired by emk, I read a few pages of "Le Lotus bleu" from the Tintin series (not enough to share any reflections here, other than that I wonder if I'm going to like it - I haven't really read a lot of comics / graphic novels since my childhood).

I just realized that my wife had a copy of Tintin : L'île noir which I haven't read yet, so I'll being doing much the same. :-)

The nice thing about BDs is that if you don't like one series, there's always something else to try. The Renaud-Bray bookstores in Montreal usually have several hundred series in stock, and I love to wander up and down the aisles flipping through the books. The closest online equivalent is probably izneo (which geoffw mentioned on my log).

I just spent a whole $4 on some parts to jury-rig a DIY Book Scanner. If this works, I want to upload a few sample pages from Persepolis, Stalag IIB, Immigrants and Siegfried. There's just so much cool stuff for such a range of tastes.

1 person has voted this message useful

Julie
Heptaglot
PolandRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 6662 days ago

1251 posts - 1733 votes 
5 sounds
Speaks: Polish*, EnglishB2, GermanC2, SpanishB2, Dutch, Swedish, French

Message 74 of 140
10 January 2013 at 4:13am | IP Logged 
I read about "Immigrants" on your log before, it seems very interesting indeed!

Let me say your log showed me comics / graphic novels may be something worth trying. It's an undiscovered territory for me - maybe I'll find something I'm gonna like.:)

In my local library in Switzerland, there were tons of BDs. I was so busy with books, audiobooks, movies and music though, that I've never even taken a look at them. :(

Edited by Julie on 10 January 2013 at 4:16am

Kez
Diglot
Netherlands
Joined 4116 days ago

181 posts - 212 votes 
Speaks: Dutch*, English
Studies: Swedish

Message 75 of 140
10 January 2013 at 1:09pm | IP Logged 
Julie wrote:

Finally, I started watching grevens-aterkomst">"Mysteriet på Greveholm" - a children series which consists of
24 episodes, ca. 13 minutes each. I've watched 8 episodes so far (ca. 100 minutes) and
I love it!

I'm watching it aswell! It's fun to watch and easy to follow.

You've done alot in just 5 days and I love reading your log, getting much usefull
sources from it.

Now it's time for me to check out the Svenska med sang website ^^

Edited by Kez on 10 January 2013 at 1:11pm

Julie
Heptaglot
Joined 6662 days ago

1251 posts - 1733 votes 
5 sounds

Message 76 of 140
13 January 2013 at 1:19am | IP Logged 
Kez wrote:
I'm watching it aswell! It's fun to watch and easy to follow.

Jag vet det, jag har läst din logg och darför har jag börjat att titta på "Mysteriet...".

Kez wrote:

You've done alot in just 5 days and I love reading your log, getting much usefull
sources from it.

Tack så mycket! Jag är alltid glad när det finns människor som läser min logg :). Har du gillat "Svenska med sång"? De där sångerna är som sånger till barn men man kan sjunga alla.

OK, that's enough of Swedish writing, jag är mycket trött :). I hope there aren't too many errors here :).

I watched 9 more episodes of the series, and I realized that I hadn't watched the last few minutes of episode 8. I'm glad I remembered that because otherwise I would have missed the scene where the protagonist starts to speak Danish, as well as the following dialog:

- Varför pratar du så konstigt? (Why are you speaking in such a strange way?)
- Det är inte konstigt. Det är danska. Det er dansk. (It's not strange. It's Danish. Det er dansk.)

:)

Edited by Julie on 13 January 2013 at 1:23am

2 persons have voted this message useful

Emme
Triglot
Italy
Joined 5106 days ago

980 posts - 1594 votes 
Speaks: Italian*, English, German
Studies: Russian, Swedish, French

Message 77 of 140
13 January 2013 at 1:35am | IP Logged 
Hi, Julie!

I’m dropping by just to tell you that it seems that the bug’s disappeared and if you can read this it means that now I can finally post in your log.

I’m happy you enjoy watching SVT: that’s something we have in common. By the end of the year you, Kez and I might end up as the three Vikings with most hours of Swedish-TV under our belts.

Gosiak
Triglot
Poland
Joined 4885 days ago

241 posts - 361 votes 
Speaks: Polish*, English, German
Studies: Norwegian, Welsh

Message 78 of 140
13 January 2013 at 1:43am | IP Logged 
Julie, somehow I cannot PM you (I tried 3 times).

Julie
Heptaglot
Joined 6662 days ago

1251 posts - 1733 votes 
5 sounds

Message 79 of 140
13 January 2013 at 1:52am | IP Logged 
It seems that one bug (log) has been replaced by another (PM)... lucky us ;)

@Emme, watching SVT is great, and once again thanks for your recommendations! By the way, if it weren't for your and sans-serif's posts, I probably wouldn't have realized that there are subtitles.... and subtitles really boosted my viewing experience :).

Emme
Triglot
Italy
Joined 5106 days ago

980 posts - 1594 votes 
Speaks: Italian*, English, German
Studies: Russian, Swedish, French

Message 80 of 140
14 January 2013 at 12:29am | IP Logged 
Yes, subtitles are great! I try to watch programmes without reading them, but there’s always a word or a sentence that I can’t get (well, more than just one!). When I feel I risk getting lost in an ocean of incomprehensible audio, I take a look at the subtitles and my understanding simply doubles or triples just like that. And you have to admit it’s a great sensation when you suddenly can make sense of what was puzzling you only a few seconds ago.

2 persons have voted this message useful

This discussion contains 140 messages over 18 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version