Hexaglot
Brazil
Joined 4946 days ago

3335 posts - 4349 votes 
Speaks: Portuguese*, Norwegian, French, English, Italian, Papiamento
Studies: Mandarin, Georgian, Russian

Message 305 of 338
30 September 2013 at 11:07pm | IP Logged 
So, I may have (fortunately) evaluated my level wrongly. I feel a bit more comfortable
about reading now. Today Google Translator wasn't working properly, so I couldn't get the
translation in Portuguese to Dag's subtitles. And yet I could understand the show with no
problem! I only translated some unknown words I couldn't infer from context or weren't
used in a different context. I also had much less trouble with Framtidslandet's text and
I'm paying more attention to my sentences deck. Not to mention the audioblog podcast
which i'm doing in no time. Do I foresee a change in status?! ;)
1 person has voted this message useful

Expugnator
Hexaglot
Brazil
Joined 4946 days ago

3335 posts - 4349 votes 

Message 306 of 338
07 October 2013 at 10:32pm | IP Logged 
It got a bit easier to read from Framtidslandet (short stories mostly about Christmas).
On the other hand, I'm not a big fan of Hellfjord, I find it too gross. It's only 7
episodes so next week I'll probably be doing Lilyhammer, which has the drawback of having
too much English.

I'm about to finish the first season of the Advanced Audioblog, so 1 more season to go
and I get a free slot for Norwegian in the morning, even though i'm still going to study
it rather intensively considering 20-30 min series and a book with stories.

Emme
Triglot
Italy
Joined 5127 days ago

980 posts - 1594 votes 
Speaks: Italian*, English, German
Studies: Russian, Swedish, French

Message 307 of 338
10 October 2013 at 11:39am | IP Logged 
The other day I came across this website rather serendipitously: Bridge to Norway and I couldn’t help remembering what you wrote here on your log a few weeks ago:

Expugnator wrote:
[...] I'm still not comfortable to read a book in Norwegian without a translation. I'd have to look up too many words and I'd still be lost without figuring out the meaning of some idioms and more obscure syntax. [...]

I don’t know whether your situation with Norwegian has much changed in the meantime, but if it isn’t, you may want to have a look at that website where apart from a grammar, a dictionary (I haven’t checked whether these are any good: I’ll leave it to you if you’re interested) etc, you can find reading texts at different levels of difficulty. Each text has a rather extensive English glossary and may be helpful to bridge the gap between textbook materials and authentic Norwegian books.

Anyway, you seem to be going strong with Norwegian, so keep up the great job!

3 persons have voted this message useful

Solfrid Cristin
Heptaglot
Winner TAC 2011 & 2012
Norway
Joined 5114 days ago

4143 posts - 8864 votes 
Speaks: Norwegian*, Spanish, Swedish, French, English, German, Italian
Studies: Russian

Message 308 of 338
10 October 2013 at 12:01pm | IP Logged 
Hi! Wow, you are really doing a fantastic job with your Norwegian. If you feel like practising a little, send me a PM and we can connect on Skype.

Congratulations on finishing Appelsinpiken! I have sworn to myself never to read anything by Jostein Gårder again, but I have heard good things about this book.

Expugnator
Hexaglot
Brazil
Joined 4946 days ago

3335 posts - 4349 votes 

Message 309 of 338
10 October 2013 at 11:58pm | IP Logged 
Thanks Emme and Cristina! I'm looking forward for more practice, it's time I write and
speak a bit now.

Oddly enough, the situation did change in the past days. I've checked the texts and
they all seem easy to me =D , so I think I'm ready for contemporary resources. Nowadays
I tend to look up 1 word every other sentence from a contemporary novel, or a news
item, so I think it doesn't seem that painful anymore.

Cristina, may I ask you why no more Jostein Gårder? Feel free not to answer, too =D I
didn't like Kabalmysteriet that much, but since the books deal with subjects I want to
read about somehow, I keep going. It's like in French, I read an author that sounds
rather dry and superficial but the plots always contains something intriguing which
keeps attracting me to read other books.

Expugnator
Hexaglot
Brazil
Joined 4946 days ago

3335 posts - 4349 votes 

Message 310 of 338
17 October 2013 at 11:21pm | IP Logged 
Jeg har nettopp tatt testen på Folkeuniversitet! Her er resultatene, jeg er veldig glad
om dem!

Her er resultatene

Writing = Self Assessment B1
Vocabulary and grammar     = Test Result B1
Reading = B2 in both S.A. and T. R.
Listening = B1 in both
Spoken production B2 (jeg tviler på det allikelvel)
Spoken interaction B2 (jeg tviler på det også, selvfølelig)

Det finnes andre språk òg: engelsk, tysk, fransk, italiensk, spansk og svensk!

CEFR Folkeuniversitetet

Expugnator
Hexaglot
Brazil
Joined 4946 days ago

3335 posts - 4349 votes 

Message 311 of 338
30 October 2013 at 5:10pm | IP Logged 
Det går fint med de norske studiene. Jeg skal bli ferdig med leksjonene fra podcasten
neste uke, etterpå vil jeg lese en kort grammatik. Jeg lurer på om jeg skal slutte å
bruke lærebøker deretter. Hvis jeg bestemme meg for å slutte med dem, skal jeg begynne
med å lre tysk - faktisk skal jeg starte med tysk på nytt. Jeg lærte litt tysk åtte år
siden, men i dag er norsken minn mye bedre enn tysk. Naturligvis vil jeg fortsette med å
lese romaner og se på norske serier - jeg har det veldig bra med disse daglige
aktiviteter.

Expugnator
Hexaglot
Brazil
Joined 4946 days ago

3335 posts - 4349 votes 

Message 312 of 338
30 October 2013 at 9:24pm | IP Logged 
Watch it while it's fresh!! (And still available).

Looks really great, though I'd need to translate subtitles to get the most out of it.

Dialektriker

This discussion contains 338 messages over 43 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version