11 messages over 2 pages: 1
Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6382 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds
Speaks: Russian*, English, FinnishC1, Latin, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese
Studies: Danish, Romanian, Polish, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Croatian, Slovenian, Catalan, Czech, Galician, Dutch, Swedish

Message 9 of 11
29 November 2013 at 3:12pm | IP Logged 
Exactly, and Wenger is a whiner who can't win a trophy for 10+ years but can say "I didn't see it" in 10+ languages.
3 persons have voted this message useful

tarvos
Super Polyglot
Winner TAC 2012
China
likeapolyglot.wordpr
Joined 4492 days ago

5310 posts - 9399 votes 
Speaks: Dutch*, English, Swedish, French, Russian, German, Italian, Norwegian, Mandarin, Romanian, Afrikaans
Studies: Greek, Modern Hebrew, Spanish, Portuguese, Czech, Korean, Esperanto, Finnish

Message 10 of 11
29 November 2013 at 11:02pm | IP Logged 
Serpent wrote:
Exactly, and Wenger is a whiner who can't win a trophy for 10+ years but
can say "I didn't see it" in 10+ languages.

That is rich coming from a Spurs fan. It's not like the Spurs have won anything recently.

Anyway I support Ajax so it's all good. Although I prefer Arsenal because of Bergkamp (he
was my idol as a young player).

Edited by tarvos on 29 November 2013 at 11:03pm

1 person has voted this message useful

Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6382 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds
Speaks: Russian*, English, FinnishC1, Latin, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese
Studies: Danish, Romanian, Polish, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Croatian, Slovenian, Catalan, Czech, Galician, Dutch, Swedish

Message 11 of 11
30 November 2013 at 1:25am | IP Logged 
At the risk of sounding like a gloryhunter, "I like Spurs" is still true but "Spurs fan" never was. I tried/wanted to be one for 4 years, and that post was written when I was the closest to that. But the more Manchester United made me cry (and you know it wasn't in a good way), the more I realized how much I care about them. However, the soft spot for Spurs is still there somewhere. And Spurs won the Carling Cup, which isn't much, but Arsenal couldn't win even that a couple of years later. (this was before the aforementioned 4 years of attempting to support them, btw)

My football fan life is quite similar to my language learning, really. And the two are closely connected. In retrospect that trolling post was much more about my attitude to everything French and most notably the language. But the remark just sounded good and I couldn't help it. I shouldn't have said it, especially as I knew that everything would be different when Luka Modrić left. I was already secretly hoping he'd become a United player.

Whereas Spurs were basically like Esperanto, heh. Nice experience and memories but never meant to be...

Time to stop the football talk though. Always ready to explain more by PM :-)

Edited by Serpent on 30 November 2013 at 1:27am

1 person has voted this message useful

This discussion contains 11 messages over 2 pages: << Prev 1

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version