Language Learning Forum : Polyglots Post Reply
60 messages over 8 pages: 1 2 3 4 57 8 Next >>
Torbyrne
Super Polyglot
Macedonia
SpeakingFluently.com
Joined 5882 days ago

126 posts - 721 votes 
Speaks: French, English*, German, Spanish, Dutch, Macedonian, Portuguese, Italian, Swedish, Czech, Catalan, Welsh, Serbo-Croatian
Studies: Sign Language, Toki Pona, Albanian, Polish, Bulgarian, TurkishA1, Esperanto, Romanian, Danish, Mandarin, Icelandic, Modern Hebrew, Greek, Latvian, Estonian

Message 41 of 60
25 May 2013 at 7:20pm | IP Logged 
Thanks to those of you on this forum, who came to the Polyglot Conference in Budapest. It far exceeded any expectations we had or it. The atmosphere was VERY positive as everyone entered into the spirit of the event. We will be having more chances to meet up and I hope we'll see more of you at the various venues in 2014. Here is a short video one of the participants made about Budapest for you to get an idea of what it was like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOtpTO4FDhI

15 persons have voted this message useful

lelisel
United States
Joined 3990 days ago

8 posts - 7 votes
Speaks: Norwegian*

Message 42 of 60
31 May 2013 at 6:39pm | IP Logged 
Great idéa, come to Norway! :)
1 person has voted this message useful

418brian
Austria
dageniuslab.com
Joined 4119 days ago

9 posts - 27 votes
Speaks: English

Message 43 of 60
06 June 2013 at 3:01pm | IP Logged 
Hey guys, I was one of the participant who went to the Polyglot Conference in Budapest and the one who made
the video that Richard Simcott aka Torbyrne recommended above :)

I was so inspired I joined Richard's team to help him organize and create the Polyglot Conference in
Montreal/New York in 2014!!

If you have any speakers you would like to see, any ideas about the conference, or if you like to get updates,
please leave your feedback and follow the posts below:

Polyglot Conference,
Montreal/ New York 2014

Polyglot Gathering, Berlin, Germany 2014

Thank you and I look forward to meeting you in one or both of the conference above :)

Brian

Edited by 418brian on 06 June 2013 at 3:08pm

3 persons have voted this message useful

Splog
Diglot
Czech Republic
anthonylauder.c
Joined 5456 days ago

1062 posts - 3263 votes 
Speaks: English*, Czech
Studies: Mandarin

Message 44 of 60
01 August 2013 at 3:34pm | IP Logged 
Please forgive the self-promotion here, but for those who were unable to attend the Polyglot Conference in Budapest in May, the conference organisers have now put the video of my own presentation online : Polynots vs Polyglots
13 persons have voted this message useful

pesahson
Diglot
Poland
Joined 5515 days ago

448 posts - 840 votes 
Speaks: Polish*, English
Studies: French, Portuguese, Norwegian

Message 45 of 60
01 August 2013 at 6:52pm | IP Logged 
It is a great talk, Splog! I've watched it twice already. Once to get the general idea and second time to get the details right. I like that it has useful advice that I can use in my studies (I've started working on my short term memory already!).

I just hope new talks will start to emerge on YT as well. I would really love to see other speakers.

Edited by pesahson on 01 August 2013 at 6:53pm

2 persons have voted this message useful

Splog
Diglot
Czech Republic
anthonylauder.c
Joined 5456 days ago

1062 posts - 3263 votes 
Speaks: English*, Czech
Studies: Mandarin

Message 46 of 60
02 August 2013 at 8:56am | IP Logged 
pesahson wrote:
It is a great talk, Splog! I've watched it twice already. Once to get the general idea and second time to get the details right. I like that it has useful advice that I can use in my studies (I've started working on my short term memory already!).

Thank you. I am really pleased you found it useful.

pesahson wrote:
I just hope new talks will start to emerge on YT as well. I would really love to see other speakers.

The conference organisers have confirmed that more conference videos are on the way. Since the editing is being done by a volunteer on a part-time basis it may take some time, but the videos will come.

kujichagulia
Japan
Joined 4634 days ago

1031 posts - 1571 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Japanese, Portuguese

Message 47 of 60
02 August 2013 at 9:31am | IP Logged 
Splog wrote:
Please forgive the self-promotion here, but for those who were unable to attend the Polyglot Conference in Budapest in May, the conference organisers have now put the video of my own presentation online : Polynots vs Polyglots

I'm watching this right now and it is awesome! Thank you very much.

Journeyer
Triglot
United States
tristan85.blogspot.c
Joined 6655 days ago

946 posts - 1110 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish, German
Studies: Sign Language

Message 48 of 60
02 August 2013 at 10:09am | IP Logged 
Your video sucked me right in, Splog. Excellent job.

Which source did you find your exercise in where you do the short-term memory training?

1 person has voted this message useful

This discussion contains 60 messages over 8 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 57 8  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version