Diglot
Poland
Joined 4488 days ago

5 posts - 5 votes
Speaks: Polish*, English
Studies: Japanese

Message 1 of 5
08 September 2012 at 7:59pm | IP Logged 
So i wanna learn some japanese, i always waned but i was too lazy to do it. I think begins are the worst, you can’t talk with anybody, can’t understand anything and everything is so weird and complex. My motto is if something is too painful do it as fast as it is possible. BTW i already installed Japanese version of windows 7 so my keyboard is weird and can;t figure out where some sins are. But at the beginning of this log I wanna set up my goal of this log, which is conversational japanese. And like i said before do it fast. I heard somewhere that to express yourself you need to know like 3000 vocabularies so that gonna be my first mile stone which will end this log and probably begin another. Because it is my main focus language I changed my life style. Like i mentioned before i switched to japanese windows also i quit from English youtube and created new account where i gonna subscribe only japanese channels and watch only japanese youtube. Oh god, it is so hard to find something interesting there or even funny, maybe because i don;t know enough vocabularies. So because of that pleas share with me some links to your favorite japanese videos. I almost forgot to say it. Im not completely beginner. I already know hiragana and katagana also some basic grammar and like 200 kanji and I did 10 lessons on assimil. Tomorrow i will talk about my resources and method. Whish me ganbaru!!
1 person has voted this message useful

Brun Ugle
Diglot
Norway
brunugle.wordpress.c
Joined 6431 days ago

1292 posts - 1766 votes 
Speaks: English*, NorwegianC1
Studies: Japanese, Esperanto, Spanish, Finnish

Message 2 of 5
08 September 2012 at 9:33pm | IP Logged 
Here is a place to watch dramas.

Here is a guide that gives you descriptions of dramas and rates them according to the proficiency level you need to watch them. (The links to the pages with ratings and descriptions are near the bottom of the page.) And this is the page where you can figure out what level you are on. If you've just started learning, you should probably start with the lowest level. So that means the dramas with one star. But I'm not sure how accurate these levels really are, so you should probably just watch whatever looks like fun.

Iknow is a great place to learn vocabulary. You have to pay though. I use it and I love it.

3 persons have voted this message useful

kraemder
United StatesRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 4995 days ago

1497 posts - 1648 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: German, Spanish, Japanese

Message 3 of 5
10 September 2012 at 6:52pm | IP Logged 
がんばって下さい
Are you into watching Japanese programming with English subs? I like crunchyroll.com a lot if so and you
can turn off the subs there too if you're using the website to watch (as opposed to your smartphone or
whatnot). I haven't looked at YouTube too much for material, I'll have to check that out.

tavit111
Diglot
Poland
Joined 4488 days ago

5 posts - 5 votes

Message 4 of 5
12 September 2012 at 7:25pm | IP Logged 
Thank you guys for all the feedback, frankly i didn;t expect more than 0 answers. Currently I try to figure out what my resources I will be use and how much I am able to do with it in period of one day. I work a lot with assimil but I think about rosetta stone.

@Brun Ugle
I checked your links and those are amazing resources! This website with dramas and counter of levels of which you need to be to understand it, is like birthday present. I gonna use it like my guide to choose some stuff to watch. Unfortunately I can;t do it right now with my vocabulary level and ability to recognize it by ear, but I will be definitely looking forward for that. iknow.jp I think is a way to study exactly suit for me. There is 6000 vocabulary and for all of that you always hear sample sentence, also this game is tremendous, kind of game which i easy get addicted and in this case learn, learn a lot!

Tomorrow I will try to finely set up my daily routine and officially post it on this log.
またね !

tavit111
Diglot
Poland
Joined 4488 days ago

5 posts - 5 votes

Message 5 of 5
27 October 2012 at 4:08pm | IP Logged 
I gonna start with my resources and technik :

Iknow.jp it is the best website to learn Japanese that i ever use, thanks to Brun Ugle who recommend me this amazing resource where I can learn 6000 vocabulary without any problems, because everything is there. Each vocabulary is recorded and has 2 example sentences which are also recorded, what I like about actors is that, they don’t sounds like a robots, but they read those sentences with emotions.

My plan is to make standard quizzes on the website like 1h at the morning and evening, 100 vocabularies per 3 days and take those sentences to my cellphone and shadow it like 1h per day.

ASSIMIL with easy

Standard assimil shadowing 3 recording per day, but when I finish whole course I will take through it again but this time I will do blind scriptorium by typing and writing.

PS
I already did 20 lessons of assimil and memorized 200 vocabularies on Iknow.

Edited by tavit111 on 27 October 2012 at 4:12pm

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version